"What a sad day it is when my only two children aren't happy for their soon-to-be-married mother."

Soon-to-be-married to a raving lunatic and serial killer, I added silently in my head. One day and one day soon I was going to have to tell my family what I knew. We needed to escape.

Tucker had explained that we were safe right now because Owein didn't suspect a thing. Nobody from his pack, other than the Joy's, knew who I was. Nobody knew that Owein was behind the attacks. Nobody knew that he'd made Tucker and his brothers orphans. Despite that fact, I didn't feel safe.

-Especially, when I heard his voice come from down the hallway.

One moment I was in my terrifying dream world and the next I had three people standing around me in my bedroom. Owein's presence made my palms sweat and my hair stand on end.

"Just try to go under the budget, yes?" Owein joked to my mother. "I don't want to go into debt over something you'll be wearing once."

My mother mirrored his adoring expression. Shivers ran along my spine as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I could buy eight dresses with your budget," Mom winked at him. "And if you think I'm wearing that dress only once..."

She waggled her eyebrows and the two of them walked out of my room giggling like children. Harry gagged and flopped onto my bed.

"This is going to fucking suck."

And fucking suck it did.

Mom didn't know what kind of style she wanted, or what look she wanted. Harry was no help and all I could think about was that my mother would marry a psycho in a matter of months.

Didn't really make me want to help pick out a dress.

"How about this one?" She asked coming out in a big ball gown with so much tulle it looked like she was drowning in it.

"Looks great."

She scoffed and examined herself. "You sound so believable."

Harry and I shared a laugh as she turned with a huff back into the dressing room. He was eyeing me with a strange expression and all the psychic powers in the world couldn't help me decipher that look.

"So I was thinking..."

"Spit it out Harry, we haven't got all day."

He swallowed nervously and fiddled with the thread on his shirt. "I was uh thinking about asking Tilly out to see a movie or something."

My eyebrows rose. Tilly and I saw each other frequently. We worked together on the weekends and sat together for lunch every day. We sat together enough that I thought she would've mentioned my brother at least once. But she didn't.

"Really?"

He shifted nervously in his seat under my gaze. "Uh yeah. What do you think?"

"Sounds great, Harry," I muttered distractedly as I saw a familiar figure pass in front of the store window.

"I'll be right back."

Harry barely had time to get out a word before I jumped from my seat to the front of the store. The figure was hastening past the window, and I saw a flash of movement go behind the store. I jogged to keep up with it, but when I turned around the corner it disappeared.

"Lou!" Harry's voice called, "What the hell are you doing?"

I looked around the corner again, but the alleyway was empty.