Chapter 10

Nasir's pov

"For God's sake just choose will you!" I say with irritation clear in my voice

"Shush, who's fault is it that I have to get a new one? If only you didn't destroy it like an animal we wouldn't be here" she glares at me with a pout

"I'm just hungry" I whine

"Not until I get a new night gown, I'm almost done just getting a couple more" I just nod.

She picked a few more before finally checking out, we make few detours to different stores and then finally going to eat.

"Soooooo good" she moaned as she ate her chicken, potatoes and vegetable soup.

"Stop moaning, it's embarrassing and sounds wrong" she just laughed and kept going at it even louder

"Stop moaning, it's embarrassing and sounds wrong" she just laughed and kept going at it even louder. People started to stare at us, some laughing and others clearly annoyed at her display. After eating, we decided to go for a walk.

"Take a picture of me, I look good today." she hands me the camera and starts posing as I shake my head.

"Oh they look amazing" she says smiling hard while looking through them

"So we leave in 3 days, I actually don't wanna go back." she mumbled staring at me weirdly

"What's with that look?" I ask her, she just stares at me like I'm stupid before shaking her head and walking away.

*******

"Where did you keep my phone charger?" she asked playing with her finger which she always does when she's nervous

"What's up with you? You're acting weird" she shakes her head, "nothing" she whispers sitting next to me and playing with the hem of my t-shirt.

"mhm, okay" I went on to continue playing my game. She place her legs on my lap, I ignored it even though I found it weird. Not long after I felt her wrap herself around me, which alarmed me because hannatu wasn't keen on skinship. I continued playing my game but stopped when I felt her lips on my neck.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a straight face a bit mortified.

"N-nothing, I just felt like doing that" she replies timidly, that didn't stop her wondering hands though. I got back to playing my game and thought she'd leave but instead she suddenly got on my lap prying the controller out my hand tossing it aside and attacking my lips, I went along with it but pulled away after a while.

"Woah, okay slow down what's this about?" I asked her while she starts unbuttoning my shirt, I finally understood what she was trying to suggest so I prop her up my body, standing up and going straight into the bedroom.

********

Arriving at the airport, we were quick to board the plane. Hannatu was still moody because she didn't wanna leave, I just let her sulk. I received a message from my uncle this morning about the recording that I sent to him, it was a good start but we needed physical evidence as well which was gonna be a hussle to get.

"Nas, when exactly are we gonna resume work?" she asked turning to stare at me

"Next week sounds good, I just want us to take some time off cause I'm sure we've got a lot on our plate when we get back." she nods grabbing my hands playing with my fingers, and I knew whenever she did that she wanted something.

"What is it Hanna? Tell me."

"Promise you're not gonna be mad? cause I know I'd be if you told me what I'm about to tell you." I gulp hoping it's not something I did or slipped up on and she ended up catching onto me.

"I-I, I'm not the jealous type. How can I be when all this isn't even real? I know it's not but at the same time it is? Do you get what I'm trying to say?" she had a desperate look on her face

"You're tryna say even if it's fake I'm Yours and cheating isn't an option? Or am I wrong?" the taint of pink that stains her cheek indicating she's blushing confirms what I'm saying.

"Exactly" I hummed trying so hard not to laugh

"What's all this about anyway?" she sighs before sitting up and looking straight at me in the eyes

"I might have went through your phone yesterday." my heart beat so fast that I thought I was going to have a heart attack "And I saw this message a gril sent you" I almost shout in relief, God that was close. I pulled myself together before replying.

"What about her? Not sure I know who you're referring to."

"Her name was hassan or something." and just like that all the playfulness disappeared, hell no.

"And what did she say?"

"Something about coming back and she wants to fix things, she said she's ready to be with you in the way you wanted" I feel my anger rise but I try hard to control it, hannatu playing with my fingers helped a bit.

"Yeah, she's my uncles daughter and my ex. We used to date, but we ended badly." she nod trying to make me feel comfortable enough to continue

"We started dating when I was in jss3 and she was in jss2, we were together even after I traveled out of the country for my bachelor degree. She stayed behind and went to study at A.B.U, we continued seeing each other but she started becoming distant. After I graduated I was supposed to come back 2 weeks after but decided on coming back a week earlier. On returning I found her outside with Khalifa, a friend of mine. Apparently they've been seeing each other for a while, she told me she didn't want to be together cause we were too serious and that's not what she wanted. She ended up transferring to Germany after braking up with me while she kept on seeing him." I felt my heart hurt just thinking about it

"Well that's too bad for her, it's her loss anyway."

"Yeahhhh well she's back now, I can't belive she has the guts to actually text me"

"it's okay, let's just say we need to visit your uncle's this Sunday. We haven't visited him anyway, and I'm gonna show her what she missed out on." she says with an evil smile playing on her lips

"OhGod I hope this doesn't turn out to be a mess." I rub my temple knowing this week is gonna be hectic.

(not edited)

Another update......

Vote| Share | Comment