Chapter 5

Hannatu's pov

Arriving at Nasir's house I felt my heart beat out of control, I was so nervous.

"Wait, what of our story? You know like what do I say if your mom asks me how we met?" I inquired which is a crucial part of our plan 

"Ohhh, let's say we met at a group chat and became very close. We lost contact and finally reconnected when I started working for you." i nod agreeing with his little story, it's believable which is all that matters.

"That's actually a good one, I like our so called story." He smirked teasing me which had me shaking my head

I took a deep breath finally getting out of the car, we walked into the compound. It was beautiful with lots of flowers, I stood at the front door and looked over at Nasir. He opened the door and I walked into a hallway leading into a living room, he gestured for me to sit before going up the huge double stairway.

I looked through my phone replying to summaya's message when I heard a voice call my name, I was quick to raise my head and greet the woman in front of me

I looked through my phone replying to summaya's message when I heard a voice call my name, I was quick to raise my head and greet the woman in front of me. She was fair and chubby, she had thick eyebrows and long eye lashes to go with it, and a girl identical to her stood beside her.

"You must be hannatu, I've heard a lot about you these past few days from Nasir." she says smiling widely.

"I'm happy to hear that, I've heard a lot about you too." I try to give my best smile

"Trust me not as much as you, he won't shut up about you it's getting pretty annoying. I'm khadijah, this idiots sister" the girl rolled her eyes while talking

"I'll poke that eye you keep rolling" he hissed at her playfully which made her smile

"Will you two stop bickering, so how did you two meet? " his mom finally asked

"Well we met at a group chat on what'sapp, we got really close. after a while we lost contact, we recently reconnected when he came to work and I happen to work there too." i mentally pat myself on the back at how smooth I sound

"Awwwn that's so romantic, I didn't peg my son to be a romantic." his mom smiled widely, you could see the sheer happiness in her eyes.

We talked a bit, had lunch and prayed asr before saying goodbye. Nasir parked in front of my house, he turned to the side to look at me.

"So I'll be coming back in two days to see your patents?" i nod grimly, I hate the idea of him meeting my parents. My dad to be precise, he can be too much to handle sometimes

"Well then I'll see you then." he smiled at me before I exit the car and walked into the house.

******

Nasir'a pov

Arriving home I met my mom and sister waiting for me, umaima was smiling widely at me and it creeped me out.

"Oh my God she's so pretty" my sister says with an impressed look on her face

"Yes and a very well behaved girl at that, I like her." Mom added

"I don't even know what she sees in you, uh it's so sad." umaimah sighs shaking her head and feign sadness

"Whatever, I'm tired I need rest. Now if you excuse me i need to go get sleep." i yawned tiredly turning and leaving my sister and mother who couldn't stop gushing about hannatu.

******

I have to say meeting hannatu's parents was better than I expected , I mean it wasn't how I imagined it to be at all.

Flashback.....

Arriving in front of her house, I waited for her to show up. I called her and asked when she was coming and she was quick to answer with 'in a minute', but I've been sitting here in my car for almost an hour. Okay so maybe not that long but it sure felt like it, I pulled out my phone and was about to call her again when she opened the gate with a sickening smile on her face.

"I'm sorry to have had you waiting." She didn't look sorry at all

I rolled my eyes at the poor attempt of an apology "we both know you're not, I won't be surprised if you did it on purpose."

She ignored me, pretending like she didn't hear what I said. I followed her into the mansion she called home, the living room I was sitting in was extremely big, the couch was soft, comfortable and colorful.

After a minute or two a tall gorgeous woman walked into the room

After a minute or two a tall gorgeous woman walked into the room. she was slender with huge eyes and thick lips. The epitome of beauty, she smiled at me brightly sitting on the couch next to me. After greeting her well she continued the conversation....

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, I was praying when you arrived." I see where my boss got her beauty from

"It's okay mama, I understand. " i replied bowing my head with respect.

"She sure goes for the good looking ones" a tall and bulky man says sitting next to hannatu's mother. She looked just like him (hannatu) , the stone cold face and that unapproachable vibe she gives.

"You must he the boy I heard about, I have to say I'm impressed by her choice. You look like a well groomed young man, I hope you're not after her fortune." he goes straight to the point without beating around the Bush

"Money isn't everything" i reply quietly, not wanting to sound disrespectful

"Actually it is, but that's a story for another day." he waves off with his hand

We talked about few things like work, school, hannatu and to be honest it wasn't that bad. By 5:39pm I was getting ready to leave....

"I have to say I like you a lot Nasir, you're ambitious and intelligent. I'm looking forward to meeting you again." he compliments me shaking my hand. Her mom says her goodbyes too before calling hannatu to escort me outside, which she reluctantly did.

"Well that went okay, who am I kidding it went great" she says grinning like a fool.

"Yeah yeah, look i have to go. We'll talk later though, bye. " i did not wait for her to reply, I got into my car and drive off into the sunset.

........well not literally.

End of flashback......

Now that we're finished with the introductions I need to talk to my uncle, he'll be the one to go talk to her dad about whatever the next step is.