Chapter 6

Hannatu's pov

"lemme get this straight, someone is coming to ask for your hand in marriage?" azimah asked slowly like i was dumb.

"Yes" i answered simply "so you're saying, someone is asking..."

"Will you shut up, I said yes." i screamed at her in anger, she's been asking me the same question for almost 5 minutes now.

"I'm sorry I just can't believe it, you're getting married? Look, you even broke ya hajar, she hasn't moved or said a single word." azimah tapped her foot looking at me suspiciously

"How did you two meet?" ya hajar finally asks, after an hour of silence.

"We met at this group chat on whatsapp, we were pretty close. But we lost touch and reconnected when he came to work and apparently i was his boss." i manage to lie through my teeth smoothly. they nod with a small smile playing on their lips, well at least they believe me because if they found out what's really going on and that this is all a lie I fear for I, summayah and Nasir's life.

Months later.....

Tomorrow's the day I'm getting married, my mom wanted me to host a bridal shower but I refused. I just wanted to sit, talk and fool around with my sisters, and that's exactly what we're doing.

"look what I found, remember this picture." azimah says coming into my room holding an album she passed to ya Hajar as she sat next to me.

" azimah says coming into my room holding an album she passed to ya Hajar as she sat next to me

"Isn't this 2 years before you got married?" i asked ya Hajar

"Yeah, I still remember that creep that kept staring at us." we shuddered at the thought.

"Oh God, i remember this trip, we missed our flight and instead of panicking we took pictures, walked around and ate

"Oh God, i remember this trip, we missed our flight and instead of panicking we took pictures, walked around and ate." ya hajara says laughing so hard

" ya hajara says laughing so hard