10

School next day

I'm feeling proud today. I'm wearing a loose, black shirt with white gems at the top and black, torn skinny jeans. I'm wearing my black high-top converse today, which I rarely wear because I love them so much.

I powerfully stride through the classroom to my seat and plump by backpack down on the floor next to me. I sit down in my seat, lean back, and cross my legs.

Just then, Max comes rolling in with her peppy self and peppy gang and comes crowding the area.

I can't make out what they're talking about, probably because their voices are too high and all I hear is squealing.

I wanted to talk to her just then, but the bell rang and her hang had to go to their seats. The class has to be silent while taking attendance. But of course, people talk anyway.

I turned to Maxine. How do I approach her? I'll just try to be nice. "Hey um, we got off on the wrong foot, so I wanna reintroduce myself to you. I'm Jocelyn Smith."

Max turned around, glared at me with her crazy blue eyes, then turned around again. That didn't work. But after a second, she jumped the tiniest bit, and turned back around towards me with a smile on her face. What's up with that?

"Jocelyn... Smith?" She asked kindly for some reason. "Your last name is Smith?"

"Yeah..." I replied. I didn't know what was so wrong about that, but okay.

"Are you related to Matthew and Kayden Smith?" She asked curiously.

"Um... how do you know them?" I asked not wanting to answer her question. Maybe Jack is friends with them?

"So you are related to them... right?"

Ddaeng. She found out. Why are they important anyways? They're just my crappy older brothers that don't know how to behave.

"Yeah..........." I dragged out the word while looking suspiciously at her. "But you didn't answer my question. How do you know them?" I questioned.

She looked at me with wide eyes for a second, then went back to normal - ugly. "My twin knows them. So I do too."

"Uhhh okay. Do you have like a job or something?"

She hesitated before she answered. "No. Not at all."

Yeah right.

"You sure about that? Seems like you're not telling me something." I asked back. I think I'm getting somewhere now.

She slightly raised her peppy voice to an even higher pitch. "Look. I don't have to tell you anything. Why are you so nosy? Ugh. I can't believe I actually tried to be nice to you and talk to.........."

I stopped listening.

The bell rang for class to start. Well I didn't get anywhere in that conversation. Ugh maybe I'll try again during lunch.

Lunch

I can't find her.

In order to talk to Max, I need to find her first. But where is she? She's not the only one gone. Jake and the rest of her gang is gone too. Where?

I went up to the rooftop to see if she was there. Nope. Empty. Ughhhhhhhhh!!! She probably went to eat out. Duh.

The weather out here is nice, so I stayed in the roof to eat my lunch.

I'm glad I still have clean clothes. Unlike yesterday. I frowned at the thought.

The rest of the school day went by quickly because people didn't notice me or give any attention to me. I didn't care. I walked home when the last bell rang.

Of course I trip and fall on a rock. I hope no one saw that. Oh well I'm fine.

When I arrived at my house, my brothers and dad were already home. Kayde was laying down on the couch, and Matt and Dad were looking down at him. Dad turned to me and jumped a little. I think I scared him.

"Oh my, Jocelyn! You scared me!" My dad said as Matt looked at me.

"Joce go to your room." Matt said strictly. Kayde didn't even bother to look at me. Of course.

I didn't think too much about it.

As I trotted up the stairs, I could see a little bit of Kayde. Matt and Dad were crowded around Kayde, as he was breathing heavily. What happened? Dad ran into the kitchen and came back with a wet, white towel. He pressed it on Kayde's chest a few times and flipped the towel over.

That side was no longer white, but red.

Kayde was bleeding.

**************************************************

A/N: I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!! So school has started and I-...

Literally I finished my first week of school last week, and I already have a math project due this Friday. T.T

So any thoughts on the story?