Eight

Leigh couldn't stop the tears from the pain. She hated it. She didn't want to lose her baby. Max held her hand. He looked at her. "It's going to be okay. I promise you."

"No. It's not."

Max sighed as Lexi walked in. The doctor followed. "Thankfully we've managed to save the baby. However you need to take things easy. No more stressful situations."

Leigh broke down crying in relief. She placed her hands on her stomach. Lexi grinned. "You've got a fighter there Leigh. A little tough cookie."

"I'll take you both home."

***
Max pulled up outside the school for Lexi to get her car. He looked at Leigh. "Come on."

"I'll get a taxi. It's fine."

Max scoffed. "Look at what happened today. I'm telling you, I'm taking you home and I'm staying with you until your mum is back," he said.

Leigh shrugged. "On your own head be it."

***
Max took Leigh back home and helped her inside. He got her on the sofa and sighed. "I'm recommending your maternity leave for now up until the baby is at least six months old."

Leigh shook her head. "No. No way. I'm not giving up my job. I love the school."

"Think of the baby."

Leigh rolled her eyes. "Right. Because you were thinking of the baby when you were shagging Kim? After I told you I was pregnant."

"Don't go there Leigh. I've apologised more than once for that."

Leigh shrugged. "You Hurt me Max. You hurt me more than anyone ever has. I thought you loved me. I was always willing to give you sex. But you had to go and get it off someone else! How do you think that made me feel? Seeing the man I loved having sex with someone else?"

Max knew he had hurt Leigh so badly. He didn't ever want to have hurt her. He took her hand. "All I can do is say I'm sorry. I love you Leigh and nothing is going to change that."

Leigh shrugged. "Words don't mean anything anymore. I've been struggling for three months with this. I've wanted to forgive you and give yon a second Chance. But I can't handle it. I almost lost our Baby today Max. Our Baby. And I'm scared."

***
Later on that night, Leigh was sitting in bed. She was on call with Lexi. Lexi felt bad for her best friend. She hung up as her mum walked in. "Max told me. Are you okay? I'll kill that man," she said.

Leigh sighed. "It'll be fine mum. I'll be fine."

Claire rolled her eyes and sighed. "You almost lost your baby though darling. It's down to the stress caused by him."

"It's not just him though mum. It's everything. I just wanna make my pregnancy as smooth as possible. Please help me."

***
Max knew that he needed to make things right with Leigh. For the sake of their unborn baby. But he also knew that everything was going to become more and more complicated.