Wooden Stakes & Heartbreak

Start from the beginning

"Why are you telling me this?" she asked suspiciously and with boredom. The brown haired vampire looked down at the snowy floor before looking back at the attractive blonde, "I've never met another vampire like you before, you think like me. It's refreshing. I'm just giving you a friendly warning to not get in his way. You don't know what he's capable of but there is something that might be of use to you". Lisa raised an eyebrow, "you're not about to betray your clan are you Kook?" she said disapprovingly. His eyes widened a little, "huh? what no of course not, I mean not really. What I'm about to tell you isn't something he hides it's just that he is obsessed with the Royal Order of the Vampire Slayers, like completely obsessed by them. He wants to destroy them it's his main priority, he talks a big game about forcing rival clans to join us or perish but in truth he isn't really planning on doing anything other than bringing the end to the Order". 

Lisa rose to her feet as the headlights of the bus came into view at the end of the road. "I'm just saying" Jungkook continued, "if your clan stays out of his way he'll stay out of yours...for now".

The bus pulled up and a single male passenger got off and proceeded to walk away before Lisa grabbed his attention. The Thai waited for the bus to drive off before approaching the man, "excuse me" she asked, "is there another bus on this route that goes the other way?". "No I'm sorry, that was the last one" he replied. Jungkook tilted his head in confusion, "are you leaving town?" he asked. Lisa turned her head back towards the other vampire and smiled, "nope", her eyes turned purple as she plunged her fangs into the unsuspecting man's neck. She lifted her head after feeding for a few moments, "hungry?" she asked Jungkook with blood dripping from her mouth. The brown haired man smiled and nodded as he walked over and began feeding from the other side of the now barely alive human's neck. 

A meal delivered straight to them, no hunting needed. 

Jisoo's hand shook as she frantically unlocked her cell phone. "What are you doing?" Irene asked. "Calling Lisa" the purple haired girl replied sharply, "she needs to know who Jennie is". Irene immediately grabbed the phone from her sister's hand and threw it casually onto the table, "don't be so rash, it is evident that Jennie has no idea that Lisa is a vampire. She's in no danger". "For how long?" Jisoo snapped again, "she needs to know now". The elder chuckled at her sister's panic, "relax Jisoo-ah, you have a mother's worry for the child. Lisa will find out sooner or later that Jennie is a slayer and it is far better for her to find that out on her own than being told by you. Think how she would feel knowing that after everything she has done to impress the clan lately that you still made decisions about her life behind her back? You will greatly test her loyalty and patience, it isn't worth the drama". 

Jisoo sighed deeply, "so you are suggesting we wait till Lis gets a stake through the heart?". Irene smiled, "of course not. Tomorrow night is the big annual winter event this town holds is it not? Our clan will be attending. With all those tasty snacks walking around unprotected the Order will be sure to be present to oversee the celebrations. With a bit of ingenuity we can usher Lisa towards the truth in a way that seems as though she discovered it herself". "And if Jennie isn't there?" the younger asked. The elder shrugged, "then we think of something else. There's really no need for you to concern yourself, the two have been involved for several months now and Lisa hasn't suffered so much as a splinter to the finger let alone a stake to the chest. You yourself were planning on siring that friend of Jennie's were you not? Fair to assume she is also a slayer". 

Jisoo sat down and huffed in defeat, she knew her sister was right. Losing Lisa's trust and respect wasn't worth it. 

Jennie sat on the counter tops in her kitchen while the various members of the Order worked tirelessly with research in her living room. She wanted to be with Lisa, she missed her girlfriend intensely, since the girls had confessed their feelings the black haired girl could think of nothing but the blonde. "What are you so happy about?" Chaeyoung asked as she approached the elder slayer, disrupting her from her thoughts. "Huh?" Jennie replied, not realising she was smiling, "oh nothing". The Australian pulled the ring on a can of soda, shaking her fingers after it sprayed on her a little, "things are getting heated in there" she said quietly before taking a sip. The elder peered over her best friend's shoulder to look into the living room, the Order were clearly stressed, "still trying to link this woman who has nothing to do with Namjoon to Namjoon?" she said rolling her eyes. Chaeyoung shrugged, "possibly but right now they're in debate over the winter event tomorrow, the Order's presence in the town still isn't as big as we need and some think we should focus on finding and stopping Namjoon's clan, the rest think we should be at the event tomorrow night".