Broken

"I've never seen Bobby this sad before" Nayeon whispered to her friends as she looked around the classroom. Seen as English class was currently teacherless and without supervision a lot of the students had done what all students all over the world do when the tutor doesn't show up - go hyper and abandon work all together. But Bobby, Bobby sat in the corner, head down, not talking to anyone and not doing anything just staring into space. Chanwoo's body had been found that morning, floating in a river with wounds to the neck. "Must be really hard losing a friend" Jisoo replied with sympathy in her voice, she sounded genuinely sorry about the news of Chanwoo's death, you wouldn't know she was one of his killers. 

Lisa wasn't listening to her friends nor was she paying attention to anyone else in the class, her mind on another person who was supposed to be in class today but wasn't. Jisoo rolled her eyes, she hated it when Lisa sulked, "oh by the way, I forgot to tell you" she said as she pulled a small piece of paper from her pocket. "Tell me what?" the Thai said, only half interested. The purple haired girl waved the paper in front of the blonde's face, "Sunmi gave this to Irene to give to you, it's her phone number". Lisa's mood improved slightly as she grabbed the paper from Jisoo's hand but this only increased her own annoyance shortly afterwards, "I don't get you at all" the Thai huffed as she pulled Jisoo outside the classroom into the hall so nobody overheard their conversation, "first you tell me not to kill Sunmi but now you're giving me her number. What the hell?". Jisoo simply folded her arms calmly and acted aloof, "I am sire Lisa, I do not need to explain myself to you. Just trust that I am using my experience to aid and guide you as your mentor". The Thai stamped her foot on the floor like a bratty toddler, "you always do that, you always talk to me like I'm a child. Ok I get it, I'm only a few decades old, I'm a modern vamp I'm not like you, I wasn't around when everyone rode on horseback and died of the plague, I didn't actually get to witness the invention of electricity" she sighed, "I wasn't around when vampire clans were powerful and more free but that doesn't mean I can't be an asset to our clan, our family. I have potential and I know that because you sired me". 

Jisoo was about to give up and just tell Lisa the truth, all of it, when fate proved to be on her side once more. "Who's that boy?" Lisa asked suddenly before Jisoo could say anything. The Thai wouldn't usually pay much attention to a random boy stood outside but something about him made her feel uneasy. Jisoo turned around and looked out of the window, in the distance and male in a hood stood in the rain out on the street, just staring at the school. The purple haired Korean smiled, "want to prove your potential? Now's your chance, what can you tell me about him?". The younger closed her eyes to sense her surrounding an channel her abilities, it was only a few seconds of meditation before her eyes snapped open again suddenly, "he's a vampire". Jisoo smiled again, "very good. I'm impressed you can sense him from here...but there's a reason for that" she took her friend's hand gently and intertwined their fingers, "close your eyes" she whispered as the two girls began to meditate and Jisoo channelled her own power into Lisa, "you feel that?" she asked. "Yes" the blonde whispered, "it feels like the air is getting heavy and vibrating...no not vibrating, grumbling like a really small earth quake but in the air".

Power channelling was something vampires could do when a bond was strong enough between them, like a vampire and their sire or members of the same clan. The ability allows them to share experience, knowledge and energy when in physical contact with each other. It is part of the reason clan members are so loyal to each other, it takes a great deal of trust to power channel with another vampire as they both become weakened and vulnerable while in the meditation state, they mentally become 'one' with whoever they are channelling with making it enormously difficult to be aware of anything else happening around them. Only very powerful, high level vampires can channel their energy with another and still be aware of their surroundings.