Eighty-Nine

"How are you feeling?" Adrian asked Nicki.

"Not good, but the real question is how are YOU feeling?" Nicki asked.

Adrian smiled. "Same old, same old. Omelly and I had a really long talk about our baby girl, how we're going to tell Avery, and our plans for the future."

"Well?"

"We're both still very very upset about our baby, but we're trying to cope. We're having her cremated. She was so beautiful, Nic..." Adrian said, her tears falling.

Nicki sighed, putting her ice cream down. "I know your pain. It hurts losing a child... I'm here for you."

"I know," Adrian sniffled before smiling. "I heard you talking your shit while I was in my coma."

Nicki laughed, wiping Adrian's tears.

"You know I had to."

"Mhm.. what's going on with you? How's everything?"

Nicki huffed. "Horrible. It's all my fault. He said I was away too much... plus, my body has been changing..."

"It's not your fault at all, Nic."

"I was doing something wrong, Adri. Everything has been going downhill. I was too stupid to see through his lies. The kids ask about him every night. I didn't think about how this would affect them."

Adri leaned up, wiping her tears.

"Well, for one.. none of it is your fault. For two.. I understand you're upset, but you can't keep his kids from him, Njc. It's not healthy for any of you. They still need their father."

"I know," she sighed, letting more tears fall. "I just don't understand... why would he do that to me? I've been nothing but loyal to him. He promised he would never hurt me. This is the second time he broke his promise..."

Adrian frowned. "I know, babe..."

"Every man in my life has either switched up on me or raped me. At some point I have to accept the fact that maybe I'm the problem," Nicki said.

"You're not the problem. Don't even say that."

Nicki frowned as her tears became unstoppable.

"I just wish he didn't cheat," she cried. "I keep having nightmares about the people who hurt me. I just want all of this to be over."

"Come here."

She climbed in the bed with Adrian and Adrian held her, wiping her tears. She sighed, closing her eyes.

"Everything will be okay. I promise."

***

| Six Months Later |

Nicki fixed Ayane's shirt and kissed her cheek.

"Alright, go ahead and play."

Ayane ran off and went out into the backyard. Just then, the doorbell rang. Nicki hurried to the door, opening it.

"Oh my god, hi!" She smiled, seeing Carol and her sister, Olivia.

She let them in and closed the door, giving them hugs. Over the past six months, Nicki built a better bond with her sister and her mom. She got a therapist to help with her trust issues and she even got in the gym, slimming down. Her body looked good after having four kids. Her hair was cut back to shoulder length, and was now blonde.

"Where's my Rih baby?" Olivia asked, smiling, putting the gifts down.

"Rihmeek or Rihyas?" Nicki laughed.