Twenty-One

Nicki sat quietly at the dinner table, rolling her eyes at Adrian and Anthony. She felt like a third wheel as they kissed and smiled and called each other pet names. Sighing, she stood up.

"I'm gonna go lay down," she announced, picking her plate up.

She took it into the kitchen and washed it. Then, she went upstairs to the guest room. She closed and locked the door. Going over to her bag, she pulled out the three pregnancy tests and looked down at them. Each of them read positive. She put her hand on her stomach as a few tears fell.

"You'll be my little secret.. Mommy loves you."

***

"Guess what, Nic," Adrian smiled.

Nicki looked up. "Hm?"

"We're naming the baby Avery. Isn't that so cute?" She smiled, rubbing her stomach.

"I love it," Nicki smiled.

Adrian leaned over, hugging her. "I honestly feel like I've been pregnant forever."

"You'll be six months tomorrow," Nicki smiled, rubbing her stomach.

"I knowww. I'm so excited for the baby shower!" Adrian smiled widely.

Nicki giggled and pushed her hair behind her ear.

"One more month, and I'll be throwing your baby shower."

"Yes!! Oh, Meek called for you."

Nicki rolled her eyes. "I don't speak to cheaters."

"Nic, just hear him out. He didn't cheat on you."

"I'll talk to him later," Nicki sighed. "Anyways, onto more important things, you look lovely."

Adrian laughed. "Girl bye. I look a mess."

"No, you look really pretty. You're so cute and pregnant."

"Aww, thanks. You are too," Adrian smiled.

Nicki grinned. "I know I'm cute."

"And pregnant," Adrian added.

"Not pregnant," Nicki laughed.

Adrian raised an eyebrow. "Did you get your period?"

"Yes, now stop being nosy," Nicki lied.

"Then how do you explain the morning sickness and all of the pain you've been in lately?" Adrian asked.

Nicki scrunched her face up. "Girl I'm just a little sick. Mind yours. Aren't you supposed to be on bed rest anyways? Go lay down."

"Okay, mom."

Adrian stood up and rubbed her stomach. Nicki stood up and gave her a hug, then kissed her cheek.

"I'm about to hop in the shower, then go to bed," Nicki told her.

"Okay, Goodnight. I'm about to lay down. My feet hurt."

Nicki looked down. "They're swollen. Go get some rest."

Adrian waddled out and Nicki closed the door, going into the bathroom. She undressed, and started her shower. Getting in, she washed up twice and washed her hair. Then, she got out and dried off. After she blow dried her hair, she put it in two braids and put on her bonnet.

She went into the room and put on her pajamas, climbing into bed. Just then, she got a FaceTime call from a familiar number. Answer it, she watched as Meek's face popped up. She rolled her eyes.

"What?" She asked him.

"You hostile as shit," he chuckled.

Nicki looked at him, unamused.