Eighteen

"My hormones are so crazy. Like.. every time I see Meek, I just want to jump on him and fuck his brains out," Nicki told Adrian.

She reached her hand into the popcorn bowl and put some into her mouth, chewing. Adrian looked up.

"Well, I guess that happens when you're in love," she laughed.

"Unfortunately. Does being in love also make you crazy? I completely snapped on Meek the other day. He was just trying to help me with something and I got super irritated," Nicki said.

Adrian shrugged. "Maybe you're pregnant."

"Don't be silly," Nicki laughed.

"I'm not joking, Nic. I think you're pregnant."

Nicki stood up, grabbing the popcorn bowl.

"I'm not pregnant," she said, walking towards the kitchen. Adrian followed her. "Plus, I'm on birth control."

Adrian looked at her. "Birth control isn't always effective, Nic. Have you been sick lately?"

"No, Adri. I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms, okay? Let's just drop it."

"Fine," Adrian said, raising her eyebrows, then rolling her eyes. "I found out the gender of the baby."

Nicki glanced at her.

"It's a girl," Adrian smiled, rubbing her stomach.

"Really?" Nicki smiled, leaning against the island.

Adrian nodded. "Yes. Anthony and I are still deciding on names."

"His name is Anthony?" Nicki smirked.

"Yes," Adrian smiled, biting her lip.

Nicki laughed a little.

"Ugh, I have the worst baby fever."

"Yeah, you're definitely pregnant."

Nicki rolled her eyes. "I'm not."

"Do you two use condoms?" Adrian asked.

Nicki shook her head, smiling a little.

"We don't.."

"See.. does he pull out?"

Nicki looked at her. "Now you're asking too many questions, Adri."

"I'm convinced. Did you get your period this month?"

Nicki glanced away and put a piece of popcorn in her mouth. She then stood up straight and dusted her hands off.

"Uh, do you want something to drink before we go back into the living room?"

"You didn't answer my question."

Nicki kept quiet.

"Oh my god, you didn't get your period.."

"I didn't get it yet, but it'll come soon enough. Don't make me stress about this. It's nothing.."

Nicki went into the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. Grabbing the bowl of popcorn, she walked off.

***

"Come on, come on," Nicki whispered anxiously to herself.

She sat on the toilet seat, staring at the pregnancy test. She had just taken it and was waiting for the results. She bit down on her lip, still staring at it.

"Nic!" She heard Meek's voice, followed by a door closing.

She stood up quickly, looking around.

"Uh.. I'm in the bathroom!" She said.