Ch. 14 Come Fly With Me

Song snapped back to reality.

'Run.' She told herself. 'You need to run.'

With an sudden burst of collected energy, Song shot forward and pushed past the guard, forcing him to drop his gun. She then took a moment to turn and fire her cannon into the back of his head, causing it to explode in gory pieces of metal, brain matter, and Energon.

"Song Westorp!" Roger cried as he watched the scene unfold. But the femme had already rushed out of the spacious room in a hurry.

She sprinted down the corridor, her spark core seething in pain. Her systems would give out any second now.

Taking a left she found another long, narrow hallway. That was it, she couldn't run anymore. The strange renewal of energy that previously saved her been spent, and she felt she was about to collapse. Still she trudged on, walking as fast as her body would allow. She could hear more guards coming, she'd be recaptured any moment now, and who knows what they'd do to her then.

Just as she turned the next corner, she collided with a familiar form.

"Drift!" She gasped in relief, "Please, help me. They're coming--"

"Crosshairs! Come quickly!" Drift shouted, practically holding Song upright in his arms, "I found her!"

Crosshairs had been following Drift as the two of them had been locating the ship's orbital assault carriers, and preparing to detach the arms of the Knight ship, as well as trying to locate their final comrade.

"Soundbreaker? Song!" Crosshairs exclaimed, running to their side.

"She needs Energon. Her body is drained of it," Drift explained.

"Cross," Song stumbled from Drift and fell into Crosshairs' arms, "They're coming. We... n-need to--"

Crosshairs lifted her up a bit and pulled her to his chest, "Who's coming?" He growled darkly, staring down into her optics.

As if to answer his question, mens' voices could suddenly be heard shouting from the end of the corridor, followed by the mechanical sound of Lockdown's guards coming their way. A deadly look began to glow in Crosshairs' expression.

"Crosshairs! Let us go, now. Back to Prime!" Drift told his comrade, concern on his faceplates.

Begrudgingly, Crosshairs turned to follow the triple changer. As he did so he lifted Song's energy depleted body in his arms, carrying her with him.

The two mechs ran back to the detachable part if the Knight ship. Drift closed and locked the door behind them. Hound was preparing to pilot it and Optimus stood with him.

"It won't hold for long," Drift warned the other Autobots, "We must prepare for take off. Crosshairs! There are Energon compartments over here."

Crosshairs laid Song on a ledge protruding from the wall. Drift joined him to hook a series of tubes and wires into the femme's body. A few minutes went by and the ship began to shutter.

Optimus took a step towards them, "Bumblebee still has yet to return with the humans from outside. I believe they may be in trouble. Crosshairs, you will take an orbital assault carrier and retrieve them. Drift will stay here to help us detach the ship, and keep an eye on Soundbreaker. We should be out of here no more than four minutes from now!"

Crosshairs knew that there was no point in arguing against the Prime's unwavering authority. Still, if he had his choice, he'd stay to see Song through her injuries. After taking a final uneasy glance at her, he turned to retrieve an OAC to commandeer.