I shook my head and tried to blink back my little fourteen year old tears.

"The omega is crying! Aw, how cute." Beau sneered.

"Hey! What do you think you guys are doing?" I hear Kyles voice from behind me.

Kyle may have been the betas son, but he was bigger than any fourteen year old in the pack. It was really nice to be his friend sometimes.

Beau looked up at Kyle, and his face drained of color. He still tried to put up a strong front though.

"Showing this little omega his actual place in the pack." He crosses his arms.

Kyle now stood protectively in front of my figure that was sprawled on the ground.

"His actual place is with his family, the Luna and Alpha. Now you little dick better run before I hurt you, way more than you hurt Liam. And before I tell his parents." He growled.

Beau's fake expression failed and showed his real, scared emotions.

Kyle took a threatening step forward, and beau turned around and ran quickly into the pack house.

Kyle gave a satisfied huff, and held out his hand.

I rolled my eyes and didn't take his hand. I stood up on my own and dusted off the dirt on the back of my pants. "I could've handled that on my own. I didn't need your help."

Kyle just rolled his eyes. "He was about to beat you to a pulp. You stood no chance."

"Excuse me? I can fight just as much as he can." I scrunched up my nose.

Kyle placed his hands on his hips. "No you can't."

"Yes I can."

"No, you can't."

"Yes. I. Can." I growl.

Kyle just raises an eyebrow, before breaking out into a huge grin.

"I thought best friends are supposed to believe in you, and help you up after you get knocked down." I shake my head.

Kyle snorts. "Best friends laugh when you get knocked down and give you the harsh reality."

I huff, and say nothing, because he's right.

"Hey, follow me. I have a place to show you." He changes the subject, and turns around to bolt into the forest.

I smile and run after him, barely being able to keep up.

Honestly, short legs work twice as hard. We're at a disadvantage all the time, and it's not fair. But, in my defense, I'd rather be short than tall.

Kyle stops at a small clearing with a little stream.

Him stopping didn't register to me fast enough, and I full on run into his back.

We both fall with an "oomph" into the grass, barely missing getting wet in the stream.

We both laugh, and I get off of Kyle, because it was super weird being on top of him. Just being on top of anyone in general is weird.

We continue to laugh for a while, until we eventually calm down.

I'm too busy studying clouds and their interesting shapes, to notice Kyle saying my name.

"Li."

"Hm?"

"Liam?"

"What?" I get annoyed and turn my head to see him.

He's looking at me very intensely. The mood quickly shifted to one I knew nothing of.

His eyes flicker down to my lips, and mine do the same. He leans in and-

———

Knock.

"You already missed lunch. I have dinner for you. Can you let me in?" I heard Malik.

I groan. I just got to the good part of my dream. "Go away. I'm not hungry." I call out.

"You need to eat."

"Did you not hear me? I'm not hungry!" I yank the pillow out from under my head and chuck it at the door.

It actually makes a pretty decent bang sound, somehow, and Malik just sighs.

I hear shuffling and foot steps walking away.

I grab another pillow next to me, and replace it from where the other one was.

I already start to feel my mark give a slight burn. I close my eyes and push back tears.

The memory did not help my situation at all. It just made me miss everything ten folds more.

Finally, after two hours of random tossing and turning, I fall into a, thankfully, dreamless sleep.