It Is Danger Time, My Dudes

Start from the beginning

The hunter looked down for a moment, feeling the resentment cultivated all these years building up with so many speeches, which he found incredibly identified with. For centuries his family line had despised royalty, for good reasons. He could almost feel the scar on his back burning once again, just like the day he'd earned it.

"We want to change that. We, the Blade of Marmora, have prepared for years to take down an oppresive ruler, one many of us here despise; king Zarkon."

The crowd cheered in approval, and Lance's eyes met the prince's once again; no time for resentment right now, not in the middle of the mission.

He leaned close enough to him to whisper the next lines; "Here's the plan; we'll wait for them to leave, follow them directly to their base and finish them from behind with a single hit." He tapped his own neck, signaling the aorta artery. One cut there, then it's over.
He returned to his position and glanced at the rebels once more.

But the man in the back had stepped forward as well, and he looked like he was thoughtfully examinating the crowd.

Keith nodded quietly. He had trouble focusing on anything Lance said. Those words kept spinning around in his mind. The royalty serve us no longer. That was not true. The one and only goal of every member of royalty was to serve their kingdom, right?

This Blade of Marmora was obviously the rebels organisation they were tracking. But they'd been working against his family for years? It sounded like he may have underestimated the size of the problem.

It weren't just some unhappy protestors. These people planned things, had probably been infiltrating their kingdom for a while now.

There was one sentence in the man's speech that nearly made Keith laugh. The ruler many of us despise, King Zarkon. Keith wasn't sure whether to agree or not. He didn't like his father, but he was a good ruler. Strict, unforgiving, but fair. As far as Keith knew, at least.
The king had always told him exactly why he did things, why they were necessary. He punished people to set an example. He punished Keith to make him stronger, to stop him from making mistakes. He had a good reason for everything. But Keith didn't like him very much. He was scared of him, terrified even. Stupid weakling.

He shrunk back a little, seemed to become even smaller as the eyes of the taller man scanned the crowd. He seemed to be looking for something. But he couldn't know Keith was here, right? No, that was ridiculous. He wouldn't be able to see Keith's face. He was safe here, hidden beneath his hood.

Something was off. Lance tensed the moment the man didn't give up looking, but made signals to someone in the crowd instead. What was happening? Why was he suspecting? Had he seen them before or was he just making sure no dangers wandered around?

Whatever it was urged him to take Keith by the hand and run away from there, but he knew he couldn't do that . Just stay still, undercover.

But then a woman with a dark cloak moved between the gathered people, in their direction, directly to the prince. Her hand hovered close to her hip, and it was in that moment Lance knew, that somehow they'd been seen.

"My prince, we need to leave" he breathed, anxiously tugging him from the cloak as each and every one of his hunter instincts activated. In a moment that the crowd cheered again and moved, not allowing the rebel to continue approaching them, Lance took the sleeve of his blouse and hurried out of the place. "Now...!"

Keith didn't hesitate but followed Lance immediately, not needing the strong grip on his shirt. His feet made their way through the crowd with apparent ease.