Chapter 10

As Leilani got ready for my dinner with Carter, she began wondering what the evening had in store for them. She hoped they would be in a more intimate setting; preferably a private dining area so they could just talk. Leilani loooooooved hearing Carter talk.

Red was her go-to color at first. Leilani came to find that red complemented her caramel skin the best. With those thoughts in her head, she rummaged through her closet and came across a dress she'd found while thrift shopping with her bestie a long time ago. The twelve dollar dress was a tease because she hadn't developed curves yet. But now? Leilani knew the dress would more than justice.

The dress was definitely a body hugger. It was cherry colored, knee length, and had spaghetti straps.

Leilani sat at her vanity with rollers in her hair while her freshly washed and moisturized body rested in the dress. She took her time with her makeup; settling on a simple face but chose a matching lip color for her dress. Leilani's heels were simple black, patent leather stilettos.

After letting her curls descend into a loose flow down her back, she checked the time on her phone. It was now 7pm sharp. And of course, there was a black company car waiting outside her house.

Carter's neighborhood wasn't surprising to Leilani at all. The community was secured by big, golden gates. The houses were really just mini mansions. Carter's home in particular was a modern, two floors high, an extremely beautiful glass house. Carter's was definitely the standout home out of the cream colored houses on the street.

Leilani's nerves were all over the place. She'd been out with Carter before but tonight, there was something about tonight that made her heart beat uncontrollably.

The driver slowly pulled in front of Carters home. She expected the driver to open the door for her but instead, she was welcomed by Carter, who wore dark denim jeans, a white button up, and beige loafers. Carter also held a dozen roses in his arms.

Leilani's hand met Carters, who helped her out of the car and pulled her in for a warm hug. Leilani took a whiff of Carters cologne and nearly melted. She would always remember this scent. The scent she'd pick up every so often from Bloomingdales for him.

"You look absolutely astonishing," Carter compliments Leilani as he hands her the roses. Leilani smiles foolishly, taking in the freshness of the flowers. "Thank you. I could say the same for you." She tells him.

Carter ushered Leilani into his home where they were met with tea lit candles and rose petals that led them to the dinner table.

There was a small buffet of food. Salmon, steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus, baked chicken, lobster, and salad. Leilani didn't think Carter would go this all out for their evening together.

"This is beautiful. I wasn't- I can't..." Leilani trailed off at a loss for words. Carter chuckled, "I wanted to make tonight special for you. I know you haven't really dated before." He explained. Leilani placed her hand in his, squeezing tightly. They locked eyes and both went into a deep, passionate kiss.

"Thank you. Words can't express how much I appreciate you for this." Leilani tells him, shaking her head in disbelief at the sight of tonight's arrangements.

"Come on, lets eat before the food gets cold." Carter, being the gentleman Leilani has now recognized him to be, sat her down while he went to grab the plates.

"Are you in a seafood mood or a meaty mood?" Carter questioned, seriously how his words made Leilani giggle. "What do you recommend?" Leilani asked. Carter grabbed the salmon, asparagus, and salad for the two of them.

Once the food was in front of them, he also grabbed champagne bottle that sat in a bucket of ice between them, and filled the two glasses on the table.

Leilani took a few sips of the champagne, hoping to calm her nerves. Carter didn't take his eyes of Leilani, even while they ate. She really was a sight for sore eyes.

Leilani hadn't noticed his gazes because her mouth watered as she bit into the salad and salmon. She had gotten too used to her mothers cooking and never explored the world of more sophisticated foods.

Leilani didn't eat salmon. She ate fried catfish. She didn't eat asparagus. She ate collard greens.

The baked, buttery salmon mixed with the asparagus made her tastebuds erupt from the flavor. Leilani didn't realize she was actually moaning while eating. Carters sudden laughter brought her out of her salmon trance.

"What's so funny?" Leilani wondered, holding her hand up to her mouth so no food would fall out. "Nothing. You're just... incredible." Carter answered, back to his serious state.

After they finished eating and over indulging in too many glasses of champagne to count, they found themselves lying on a white fur rug in the the living room. Jazz music played lowly in the background and Carter had switched the television screen to a live fireplace.

Leilani had slipped off her heels an hour ago. She sat face to face with Carter. One arm keeping her head up as she leaned her side against the white leather couch, the other arm used her hand to hold the glass of champagne she worked on.

Carter ran his fingers lightly along Leilani's legs which caused never ending segments of chills down her spine.

"Are these goosebumps?" Carter noticed the tiny bumps forming on her skin. Leilani looked away, took a gulp from her champagne and turned back to face Carter. "I believe they are." She smiled weakly.

Carter returned the smile. "Am I causing this?" He brought his face closer, talking against Leilani's lips. "I've never been this intimate with anyone before." She confesses, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"I won't hurt you, I promise." Carter reassured her. Carefully, he removed Leilani's glass from her hand and began kissing her all over.

As Carter took him time, her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

This was ecstasy.