Shit. He was hot.

Since when did I think guys were hot? Maybe it was the alcohol or maybe it was just this guy. Him and his stupid concerned blue eyes and his sandy blond hair that fell over his forehead.

"Jake?" he asked, waving his hand in front of my face.

"How do you know me?" I questioned with a strange look.

He smiled and I hated how endearing I found it. There was a small gap between his front teeth that somehow made him even hotter to me.

"You're on the football team. Everyone knows you," he said, leaning against the wall to his right.

"You're hot," I blurted out of nowhere. Shit!

I wasn't one to get flustered, but this alcohol was really getting to me. The guy's eyes widened and I quickly tried to get away from him but he grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

"It's okay," he said, his gentle tone doing nothing to ease my attraction toward him. "I'm Joe," he introduced himself.

"It's okay? I just called you fucking hot. I'm surprised you didn't punch me," I responded, my wrist still being held by Joe's hand. His touch was too addictive for me to back away.

Joe chuckled. "Yeah, it's okay. You're hot too."

My eyes nearly bugged out of my head at that. Surely, he was just fucking with me. He had to be.

I scoffed, sending him a glare. "Shut up."

Joe just laughed again. "Wanna go somewhere and sober up?"

I didn't know why, but I followed him out of the house when he let go of my wrist and led me out the back door. Joe grabbed two waters as we cut through the kitchen before we went outside. It was still quite warm out and this was the type of heat I wasn't used to.

Joe led me over to an area in the yard under a large tree. The two of us sat down and leaned against the tree silent for a few moments. Joe wordlessly handed me the water and we drank in silence.

I didn't know how long we sat out there not speaking, but it must have been a while because I was finally coming back to my senses. There was no way I was actually attracted to this guy. It was just the alcohol messing with me.

Or so I thought. Because when I finally looked at Joe again, I realized the attraction was still there. Maybe it was even stronger from seeing him under the moonlight. 

"You good?" Joe asked, tearing his gaze from the sky to look at me.

"I'm not gay, dude," I told him rather rudely. "So if you think you're getting something, you're going to be disappointed."

Joe laughed and shook his head. "I never said anything like that."

"You didn't have to," I muttered.

"So if you're not gay, why are you still here?" Joe asked, a playful smile on his face.

I glared at him, but didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. All I knew is that I was content sitting on the ground with my arms propping me up as I leaned back, Joe closely sitting by.

"Are you gay?" I asked him.

"No," he said. "But I'm not straight either."

I gave him a look of confusion.

"So you're bi...?" I trailed, sounding unsure.

Joe chuckled. "No."

"What the hell do you mean?" I nearly exclaimed.