Finale

Chapter 26| Aurora

"Please tell me what you are doing at this hour" Jackson says 

"I'm sorry, I couldn't sleep" I reply.

 "You aren't supposed to be here in the night" He says

"I'm sorry" I say. I've hit my weak spot. Jackson can do anything and it makes me so mad.

"Go back to your room or else you will face the consequences" he says "Yes Jackson" I say. I walk to the elevator, pressing the button just to the right and wait for the light to brighten just above me. Once the door opens I step in and take a look at the buttons one last time before putting the one that goes to my room  and go back to my room.

I crawl back into bed and try to fall asleep. I can't though. I stare at the ceiling. The sun is rising which means a new and painful day.

I decide to just get up and get ready. I get a sweater and some shorts. I take long doing my make up. I don't know why, i just need something to do.

"Jackson wants to have breakfast with you and the others" Sabrina says "I'll be there in a few minutes" I say. I finally put on my lip stick and go to the dining room.

I sit down next to Sabrina while Jonathan brings in breakfast, which is actually really delicious.

I haven't had something like this in a long time. Jackson has a conversation with everyone. Then we all go back to our rooms.

I sit on my bed and i'm pretty sure i was like this for a few hours. Sabrina walks into my room. "are you okay" she says "No" I say

"Do you want to talk about it" She says 

"no" 

"Aurora you need to talk to someone" She says

"No i don't" I say 

"Well, goodnight then" she says. I look outside and realize it's already dark. I go to the elevator and examine the buttons, hoping and praying for a hidden button that could get me out of this place.

"Ugh! How is it possible that there's no other floor? How does Jackson get out of here?" I say, talking to myself. I look to the very bottom and see a small button. I take a look outside, making sure no one is looking and push the button, closing the doors. Getting down on my knees, I squint my eyes and notice a small, green flashing button blink against the velvet flooring of the elevator. I push it and it takes me to a hidden floor.

It's Incredibly dark, I take a step forward while carefully using my other senses to guide me around.

 "Who is it!?" I hear a familiar voice ask. A smile begins to take place on my face, feeling a sense of relief fill my body.

"I don't know, who?" I ask 

"Aurora!" Zander yells, feeling a pair of warm arms wrap around my waist. 

 "I finally found you" I say as I hug him tightly, resting my head on his shoulder and feeling as If I'm about to start bawling my eyes out.

"I want to be out of here" He says, stroking my hair and holding me tightly.

"Come with me"

 "But what about Jackson" he says, letting go of me and grabbing onto my hands tightly.

"It doesn't matter"

"There's an exit on the first floor, all you have to do is walk through the kitchen and through the fridge. There's a key behind all the milk cartons in a little silver box. I want you to take it and leave. Run as fast as you can" I say. Not being able to see him clearly is frustrating, but I can still make out his facial features.

 "What about you?" He asks 

"I'll find a way out, but I want you to go. Don't bother waiting for me, I'll be okay. Wait around 5 minutes before you go." I say

He kisses me and gives me one last hug.

 "Please be safe, I don't want you to get hurt" he says.

"I won't" I reply. I begin to walk towards the elevator, and close it as soon as I enter. I push the button to where my room is, and allow the elevator to take me there.

I slowly walk down the hall, making sure not to make any noise that allows anyone to wake up. Slowly opening the door to my room, I glance under my bed. Knowing exactly how to get out of this building and away from Jackson forever.

I bend down and reach under my bed, swiping my hand left and right, only to allow my hand to glide across the towel holding my most prized possession right now. Standing up, I take a look at my face reflect off of the freshly sharpened utensil.

I begin to walk out my room, quietly taking step after step only to land in Jackson's room. I carefully wrap my hand around the golden handle of his room, noticing him sitting up on his bed, back towards me.

 "Jackson" I quietly say 

"What is it" He replies, his voice sharp and forced.

"I'm sorry for being such a bad girl" I say, almost choking on my own words.

"It's okay princess" He says, standing up and making eye contact with me. We begin to walk towards each other, feeling a sense of relief and comfort fill my lungs. He opens his arms and wraps his arms around me, pulling back and placing a kiss on my lips. I return the kiss, making it the most meaningful kiss I could ever give him.

 I reach back into my back pocket, retrieving my most prized possession and firmly grasping onto it. Pulling back from our kiss, I stare into his eyes and smile at him.

 "Goodbye Jackson" I say, watching his eyes widen, and his body relax as I jab the knife into his spine, allowing him to collapse onto the floor

~~~