Three

Chapter 3| Aurora

"I'm surprised!" Austin says, smiling at me as he throws me the ball, which I gracefully catch.

"Damn Aurora! Not bad" Zander says

"I can't believe you barely beat us!" Zander adds

"I Told you I could take it" I say with a smirk and then hand Zander his ball back. 

"And that is that I wasn't wearing appropriate attire." I say

"I think, you should marry me. We'd have cute soccer playing babies" Austin says, placing his hand on my shoulder

 I start laughing, "You're cute, but no thanks I'm good"

He rolls his eyes and smiles.

"Anyways, do you guys wanna go get something to eat for lunch?" Zander asks.

"Thanks but no thanks, I have to go home and help my mom with some house stuff, so i'll see you guys later" Austin says and walks off.

"I'm up for something to eat" I say 

"Alright Short stuff what would you like?" He says as he glances down at me. Yes I'm pretty short. I'm 5'3" and 17, some people just don't grow.

"Hmm.. how about Subway?" I asks

"Alright let's go!" He says as we walk to Subway. Apparently, there's one not to far away from here.

I order half a foot long and so does Zander. I grab a water bottle along with it and some chips.

"So, Aurora, I'm guessing your mom was the one who gave you your name" He says

"Wow! how did you know!" I say with a laugh "Yeah, she always loved that princess and well, when I was born I had bright blonde hair like princess Aurora, so I guess my mom took the chance and named me Aurora"

"That's pretty cool. Also your eyes. I'm guessing you got both of your parent's eye color in one eye" he states. "Blue on the outside and hazel around my pupil I know. Blue from my dad and hazel from my mom." I say.

"They are gorgeous by the way. It's awesome how that can happen" Zander says. Before I know It I feel something sticky land on my hair and run down my face.

"What the-?!" I yell

"Get away from my boyfriend!" A girl says. Damn! What the hell?!

"Excuse me? First of all, we're friends, and second of all even If I was trying to get at your boyfriend I would have done it already" I snap back.

"Sure! And he didn't hug your waist and almost kiss you yesterday!" She yells

"What the hell Kaitlynn! You were spying on me!" He cries out 

"You are my boyfriend! I need to know were you are!" She says in a squeaky voice which hasn't even been heard for more than 5 minutes and I'm already annoyed.

"And by the way, look at yourself before you go off accusing girls of stealing your boyfriend. It's not a shock that he would wanna get with other girls." I say with a bitch ass smile.

She tries to hit me but I end up catching her hand and pushing her onto the ground. I bend down and whisper 

"Reflexes, bitch"

I quickly grab my food and without looking back, I walk out not bothering to wait for Zander. Why should I? He basically flirted with me while dating someone. 

"Aurora! Wait!" Zander yells as he catches up to me.

I look at my hair which is now covered in orange juice. I giggle as I think of something awesome. "What's so funny?" He says "Hey! at least now i don't need to waste money on hair dye!" I squeal in a high pitched voice, attempting to mimic Kaitlynn

I start laughing and I see that Zander is trying so hard not to laugh, but fails. We laugh so hard we had to stop in the middle of the sidewalk just to laugh.

"Come on short stuff let's take you home" He says

I get in the shower and take all the orange juice out of my hair. Not gonna lie, she got me pretty good but don't worry, I'll get her back. I get out of the shower and get in some sweat pants and a tank top.

I head downstairs and plop on the couch to watch some tv. "How are you doing?" Dad says

"Good. Just watching some educational programs" I say "We all know you would never do that. Plus, you never use big words like that" he says.

I smile. "You know me well father, you know me well"

"Okay now you're just creeping me out. Dinner is ready by the way" He says. I jump up and run to the kitchen.

"Foooooood!" I yell as i jump and sit on the table. Literally. I notice Josh and Zander are here, and I couldn't be more embarrassed as I am right now.

Zander is covering his mouth and is looking away trying not to laugh. "Yeah, because you said 'educational programs' a few minutes ago when you usually say tv or the giant moving pictures" Dad says

"Jesus i'm not 5" I say as I smile at the big bowl of potato salad next to my dad "I want mine on my spongebob plate" I say

Crap! I said that out loud didn't I.

Zander and Josh burst out laughing and dad gives me a deadly look. I smile innocently "But seriously father make mine the spongebob plate." I say and sit down

Zander sits next to me and pokes me. I fly my hands in the air and then punch him on the arm

"Don't poke me!" I say making Josh and dad look at me "Sorry" Zander says with a smirk.

I'm serious. Nobody pokes me. We finish eating in awkward silence then we walk to the family room.

"Josh and I are going to take my car to the repair man. You two are staying here if that's alright" Dad said.

After getting orange juice all over me by his girlfriend, I don't know if I should be left alone with him.

"Yeah that's fine" I end up saying. No wait! i take that back ugh! "Alright. Take care" Dad says.

We watch tv until we hear they left. I get up and grab a bag of chips and then walk back to the family room.

"About what happened i'm really sorry! I didn't mean for that to happen, i was gonna tell you that i had a girlfriend, but i forgot at that time and," He says

"It's fine" I say and grab some more chips. "I broke up with her if you're wondering" He says

"You didn't have to" I say "I wanted to, I realized she's worthless and she doesn't deserve me. She deserves someone worse" He says

"Shouldn't it be 'she deserves someone better' " I say "Yeah but that's to mainstream"

Good point.

I nod and grab some more chips. I get up and walk to the kitchen. I look everywhere for some dip but i can't find it and i finally find it.

I reach up to get it but then feel a pair of warm hands around my waist."What are you doing!" I say trying to take his hands off me.

"I know you want me" He says. Okay maybe I do, but he shouldn't know.

"Mhm, and how are you so sure about that" I say, making it through without sounding distracted by how close i am to him.

He flips me over making me only a few inches away from his face "Because every girl wants me"