[16]

"I, Edward Cullen," Edward began, taking Bella's hands in his with a soft smile, "take you, Bella Swan to have and to hold, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. To love, to cherish, as long as we both shall live."

"Oh, look at Charlie." Marcus whispered, nudging Lark and pointing at the front row of chairs, where Bella's parents sat, watching the wedding before them. "According to Renee, he's already cried twice this morning."

"Shh," Diane scolded softly, elbowing her husband as Lark smiled at the exchange. "Watch the wedding, Marcus."

"I, Bella Swan," the girl repeated, her eyes never once leaving her soon-to-be husband's, "take you, Edward Cullen, to have and to hold, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. To love, to cherish, as long as we both shall live."

"I do." Edward said, his smile growing.

"I do." Bella said.

"By the power vested in me by the state of Washington," the preacher announced, "I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss your bride."

Edward wasted no time, stepping forward and closing the distance between him and Bella, and the spectators burst into applause, mostly from where his family sat in the front row on the opposite side of Charlie, Renee and Phil. Emmett let out a whistle, and the newlyweds parted, turning back to the wedding guests with victorious grins before intertwining their hands and walking back down the aisle, now joined as one.

"Thank you all so much for coming!" Alice exclaimed, jumping up from her seat and greeting the guests. "You are all invited to join us for a reception back at the house, it'll be in the backyard. Hope to see you all there!"

"That was beautiful." Diane said with a smile as the family rose, and Marcus turned towards where Paul stood on the other side of Lark.

"So sorry," Marcus apologized to the boy, holding out a hand for him to shake. "we didn't get a chance to speak before the wedding, and I don't believe we met during the memorial either. I'm Marcus and you must be this Paul I've heard to much about."

"Yes sir," Paul said, shaking his hand, "I'm Paul Lahote."

"Hell of a grip you've got there." Marcus mused. "Tell me, Paul, what are your intentions with my daughter?"

"Dad," Lark cut in, her face tinging red as she looked back and forth between her father and Paul.

"No, no, Lark, let him answer." Leonora blurted from Paul's other side, where she, Jared and Seth watched with amused grins. "I can't wait to hear this."

"I, uh..." Paul stammered. "I really like your daughter, sir. And I'd really like to try and make her happy."

"I like this one." Marcus murmured to Diane and Lark, a relieved smile crossing the latter's features as she let out a deep breath, and he looked back at Paul. "Well, let's get to that reception, shall we?"

Paul and Lark followed a bit behind the rest of the group, Jared's teasing remarks lingering in their direction, and he nervously grabbed her hand, shooting her a tense smile.

"Did I pass?" he asked, and she giggled softly, reaching up with her free hand to attempt to stifle her grin.

"You did great," she assured him, pulling him along as they reached the Cullens' backyard, and Lark's jaw dropped at the sight before her.

Not unlike the spot in the forest where the wedding was held, it was decorated in an elegant and outdoorsy theme. Fairy lights were laid out everywhere, casting an ethereal glow around the entire space. Circular tables were dotted all around for the guests to sit, and in the middle sat an enormous wedding cake decorated with white flowers. It was the biggest cake Lark had ever seen. There was a buzz among other guests, milling about and also taking in the beauty of the scene before them.