The moment she opened his door the smell of his cologne still lingered inside hit her, she took in a deep breath, filling her lungs with his scent as she stepped inside quickly closing the door trying to preserve the familiar smell. Y/n sighed as she climbed into his bed, the bed sheets similar to hers only the smell that clung to the pillows was Tom's shampoo and not hers.

When the numbness faded away, the only feeling left behind was frustration. A tinge of anger at herself for depending on Tom like that, having to sneak into his room to at least smell him so she could calm down was downright pathetic and her head kept telling her to get up and go back to her own bed, but the cold shivers that ran down her spine and spread throughout her limbs told her to stay so her hands gripped the duvet tightly as she forced herself to stop thinking.

The sun was fully out when Harrison emerged from his room to find Tessa curled up by Tom's door. He crouched down, a faint smile gracing his fresh face at the sight, "What're you doing there Tess?" He asked the puppy as if she would answer "D'you miss Tom already?" He scratched behind her ears pulling gently at them, "C'mon." The man called softly as he got up, the puppy followed him immediately down the hallway past y/n's room, the door wide open allowing a complete view of the empty bed, bunched up duvet to one side and her phone was on the nightstand like it was the night before of what he vaguely recalled. The image of her sleeping face appeared clear in his head causing him to pressed his lips together before chewing on the inside of his cheek.

He dared to peek inside the room just to check if the bathroom door was closed, but when his eyes landed on the frame the door was also wide open, no sign of her in either of the rooms. Harrison's brows furrowed, his lips twitching in a half pout. He turned away to resume his way down the stairs skipping over the steps with Tessa trailing close behind, running to the glass door that took to the back garden as soon as she was on the ground floor.

Cold air hit Harrison's body, the three-quarters of his forearms that the rolled-up sleeves of his shirt left exposed receiving the gusts of freezing cold morning wind causing goosebumps to rise on his skin. He had already forgotten what was like to take a puppy out, seeing Tess padding around the rained-on grass put a smile on his face, seeing the gloomy morning sky, the smell of the rain on the trees and dirt reminded him how much he loved to be outside, how much he loved the countryside. His heart picking up at the thought of his mother and sister's lives there, he remembered the day he had to leave to be at the forefront of the business, he remembered how he left his family behind. His eyes got lost on the horizon, on the thick strip of smog that floated over the city he ruled.

"C'mon Tess, in you go." He ordered, ushering the dog back inside, sliding the glass door shut behind him. Harrison walked straight to his office, letting out a breathy laugh when Tessa followed him closely, he opened the door and didn't bother to close it because of the puppy that quickly found a spot by the window right behind his chair. He leaned over his closed laptop and reached for the intercom, his finger pressing the round, grey button on the black box. "Morning?" He spoke, waiting for a response from the other end, which came not even ten seconds after, "Bring breakfast in for me and the dog, please." He got a confirmation and let go of the button moving his hands to open the computer.

His fingers flew across the keyboard typing the password to fully wake the laptop, there were stacks of folders and binders on his desk making it look too messy for his liking so he got up and took half of one of the piles walking to the far wall to the left of the room where a cupboard was hidden, containing more binders and folders. He literally disappeared inside the wall, the lights automatically turning on once the door was opened, "Tess?" A small voice came into the office taking Harrison's attention away from sorting the binders by name, putting them down on one of the many shelves, making it a problem to worry about later. He turned and stood on the threshold of the cupboard when she moved further inside the room tiptoeing on her bare feet. Her hair was a little tangled on the back and an oversized, knitted, cream jumper almost covered her lilac, silk pyjama shorts. "What are you doing!?" She whisper-shouted when she caught the dog lounging by the window behind Harrison's desk. "C'mon!" She frantically waved the puppy to come to her but it wouldn't budge, in fact, she laid on her side and closed her eyes, drawing a frustrated groan from y/n, "Tessa!"