Chapter Twenty-Six- The Draft

Start from the beginning

I can tell this is a touchy subject for her, it must have been a hard time for her. She doesn't seem to be closed off to talking about it.

"I can't imagine having all the pressure on my dancing, I've always done it because I love it." I sigh as we finally reach the 4th floor. "I'm lucky that I was able to get into the company with the limited experience that I have."

We walk into our 2-bedroom apartment, we were lucky that our companies were able to set us up with this "affordable" apartment and that we only had to share it with the two of us.

Max laughs, "To be honest you are really lucky, but to get scouted like you were, that means you have raw talent. So, I know you'll do well with your company."

We both sit on her couch; I didn't bring any furniture since some of it already came with the apartment or Max had thankfully gotten it already.

"So have you ever lived with a roommate before?" Max askes

I shake my head, "Not unless you could living with my brother."

She laughs, "I have no idea how you dealt with that complaining everyday... I would have smacked him as I do to my brothers."

"Sometimes I almost do!" I am starting to feel a bit more comfortable as time passes.

Max gives me a smile, "So since we are going to live together, we should figure out some ground rules..." My heart sinks a little bit, "First obviously we clean up after ourselves, and are you fine with we do our own dishes?"

I nod and let out a sigh of relief that she's only talking about household chores.

"Perfect!" She says, "So party-wise if you're going to throw one try and give me a heads up... oh again, try to do it on the weekend or our neighbors will complain."

"Do our neighbors complain a lot...?"

"Not usually but there is this old hag down the hall that will bitch if you make too much noise during the week." She makes a face, "Oh and for any booty calls please keep any noise to the minimum, and I'll do the same."

My face goes bright red, as I nervous laugh, "You'll have no problems with that..."

She gives me a nice smile, "Not your kind of thing?"

"Not exactly" I give an embarrassed laugh again, "Do you have a boyfriend?"

This time she laughs and repeats me, "Not exactly, I play for a different team." I give her a confused look, as she continues, "I would have a girlfriend but I'm not looking for that right now..." I see her eyes look away for a moment.

She breaks the silence, "You're cool with that right...?"

Realizing that I didn't answer, I stumble, "Oh! Yes, of course, you can have as many lady friends as you want over."

She laughs at me, "Good, I've had problems with roommates not liking it before."

"Really? Why would it be a problem for them?" I give her a sad look; I couldn't believe she's had to deal with that.

"Damn you're a lot more innocent than I even expected for a 17-year-old." She laughs at me.

I give her a look, "Hey come on I'm not that bad, how old are you anyways?"

"Turning the big 20 this year, I'm getting old."

Maxine and I chat for a while before she heads out to some dancing club, she invites me but I decided that I should stay at home and unpack instead of sneaking into a club my first night in the city.

It's almost midnight before I finally finish unpacking and lay back onto my bed that Zach had a hell of a time getting up the stairs. I pull out my phone and text Kat that I'm all moved in. She's already living in the NYU dorms in Manhattan while I have my apartment with Max in Brooklyn. Kat has been beyond busy preparing for school and her summer sessions, but she was still over the moon that I choose to come to New York.

Staring at my phone I wonder what Jack is doing. I know that I shouldn't, but I can't help but wonder what happened between us. Everything was going to great, and nothing that he said to me made any sense.

Would it be a hard idea to text him? I doubt that he knew that I left... I hadn't even had the chance to tell him that I had an offer with this company.

I sighed; I had promised him that I would go to his graduation ceremony tomorrow. He had said he would only go for me; would he still go?

Did I owe it to him to tell him that I won't make it...? After everything he said to me, I wonder if he would even care to know that I moved away.

I start to type, "I moved to New York" I set my phone down next to me.

My first practice starts tomorrow, and if I have moved all this way out here, I'm not going to get distracted by him. I need to focus on myself and on my career. I leave his contact with my message saving as a draft, and that's how I leave it as I turn over to go to bed. 

******

This is the last chapter!! I'm so excited that TQO is finished

Next week I'll be uploading an epilogue so I don't get killed for this ending... 

Comment if you want me to write the 2nd book or rewrite this one!

Em<3