Chapter Twenty-Four- Chipmunk Dates

I pace as calmly as I can staring at my phone. It's been a few days since Kat left and I am not any closer to making my decision on if I'm going to leave or not.

Right now, the most pressing issue is that Jack has asked me to hang out with him and I'm having a very hard time waiting for him to pick me up.... If he even shows up. I sigh and sit-down staring at myself in the mirror.

Did I dress up too much? I'm only wearing a sundress, but you never know... what if this is actually a date and I'm completely underdressed? He was supposed to be here five minutes ago, and I think I am actually going insane since I have been ready for about an hour now...

I feel my phone buzz and I almost drop it as I jump off the bed.

"I'm in the driveway," I get the biggest smile on my face, maybe I'm getting a little too excited but at this point, I don't care

"Coming"

I nearly run through the house and slow down so he doesn't think that I was that excited to see him. I smile at him and slip into his passenger seat.

"So what are we going to do today?" I have been so excited for this, ever since Kat left, I have been so lonely. My brother has been out partying with his friends before their graduation next week, I wonder what Jack plans to do after graduation...

He smirks at me, " I have just the place..." I give him a weird look, as we fall into a weird silence when I catch myself looking at him for a little too long.

I clear my throat, maybe I was not completely ready to spend the whole day along with Jack, "So.. where is this place...?"

"The first place I meet you,"

Now I was really confused, "You're taking me to school....?"

He laughed, "Now I'm offended that's you don't remember the first time we meet."

I start to think about when I could have possibility to meet him before that day I ran into him in the hallway, then he pulls into the little coffee shop

I turn to him, "No way!" I start to laugh but put my hand over my mouth as he turns to glare at me.

"You are lucky that I'm even sharing this very personal side of my life with you..."

I try to control my laugh, "That you're the hot guy that orders the girly coffee!" I giggle even more, "I remember your voice sounding familiar but I thought that it wasn't you."

I turn to look at him and his frown is now smirking, "So the hot guy huh....." My face goes bright red.

"Let's go get your coffee," I say as a rush out of the car.

After we get settled at a table with our drinks, my curiosity gets the best of me, "So what are you planning to do after graduation?"

I slip my drink and watch his face.

Jack sighs, "Honestly I don't know," He gives me a sad smile, "My dad has been asking me to join the family business, but I don't know if I really want to."

I give a small smile, glad that I'm finally learning something about him, "What's the family business?"

Jack stiffens, "Just trade work, I got into a lot of trouble when I was younger, so my mom moved us up here for me to grow up."

"I'm glad that she did," I say without thinking and clear my throat, "I mean, of course, it's a really nice community to raise kids in." I smile trying to cover up my awkwardness.

"Do I make you nervous?"

I nearly choke on nothing, "No... of course not." I give a fake smile.