An almost friendly encounter

Hi guys! Sorry this took so long, schools been a real burden lately. But I hope this chapter makes up for everything.

Disclaimer - don't own anything at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

You walked further and further into the forest, your hand subconsciously rubbing your locket. You could not express in words how much you missed your family, but you knew this was what was best for them.

"Come on bud. We can't stop for you to drink at every little stream." A male voice could be heard through the trees.

You gasped, who could be out this far in the woods? No one comes out this far. You quickly climb up a tree, and wait to see who it is.

A man, looking to be about 20 came into view. A second later a night fury walked up behind him. I looked at him in curiosity as he pat the dragons head, and the dragon, in return, licked him across the face.

"Awe come on bud! You know that doesn't wash out!" The man yelled.

Before I could realize what was happening, the branch I was sitting on broke. I fell to the ground, wincing as I hit the rocky surface.

"Oh, uh...are you okay, miss?" A voice asks.

Your eyes shoot open, and you back away in fright at seeing the man right in front of you.

"Whoa whoa whoa, it's alright. You don't have to be afraid, I'm a friend." He says, giving you a smile.

You spend a moment in thought, before backing away just a little more. You had to keep a safe distance away from him. If you didn't, who knows what could happen.

"Um, my names hiccup. What's yours?" He asks, reaching out to help you up.

You look at his hand, then to yours. Thankfully the scales that had been there earlier had finally disappeared. You slowly placed your hand in his, and he helped you up.

"My names hiccup. What's yours?" He repeated, smiling a little.

You clear your throat, taking your hand out of his, "___."

His smile widens, "___...I like it. Sounds sorta familiar in a way."

You shrug, "I wouldn't know why. I'm fairly sure I would remember meeting a man named hiccup."

"Yeah...great name, I know." He says.

You crack a small smile, but stop yourself.

"So, where do you live?" He asked.

You gesture to the woods around you. His eyes widen, "you live out here?"

You nod, "well, why don't you come back to my village in berk with me? We could find you a new home?" He suggests.

Your eyes widen, "your from berk?"

He nods, and You feel your chest tighten.

"No, no no no. I can't go to berk. I can't." You say, backing away.

"___? What's wrong?" He asks.

You shake your head, feeling light headed, "I can't go back to berk. If I do, someone's bound to be hurt!"

"___ what are you talking about? No one is going to get hurt if you come." He says.

You start to feel really dizzy, and your eyesight blurs. You look Down at your hands to see your scales slowly returning. You gasp, and hide them behind your back.

"I-I have to go." You say quickly.

You rush away from the area, stopping when you hear hiccup call your name. You look back at him to see him looking after you with concern.

"Please hiccup, for your own safety, stay away from me!" You yell, about to continue running.

"Why?" He yelled, making you stop again.

"Just leave me alone!" You yell, running away from the area.

You ignore his calls, and continue running. You stop by the shelter you made yourself one night, and hide under it. You take deep breaths, as your scales disappear, and your dizziness goes away.

You feel hot tears streaming down your cheeks, and hug your locket in your hands. You hide your face, sobs shaking your small figure. You finally talk to someone, but it was a big mistake. He was from berk all along, and you made the mistake of freaking out. Now he'd go tell everyone about you, and they'd all come try to kill you.

Another sob shakes your body as that thought entered your mind. You fall to your side, curling up as you cried helplessly, letting out long held in tears.

Hiccups POV

I watched ___ run off, quite confused. What had caused her to go off so suddenly? What had I said? She seemed to start freak out when I mentioned Berk. But why?

I shook my head, and turned to toothless, smiling a little.

"Let's head home bud." I told him.

I hopped on his saddle, and he flew up into the sky. He leveled out, and I used the time to let my mind wonder. Every thought I had winded it's way back to ___.

I sighed, shaking my head, "we have to find her again tomorrow, toothless." I told my dragon, "I can try to talk to her, and find more out. Until then, we keep her a secret."

I had a small feeling that after she had that freak out about Berk, she didn't want me to say anything. Maybe she's from Berk? That would explain why her name sounded a little familiar to me.

I sighed as the village came into view. We landed outside my house, and I walked in.

I grabbed a few books, and sat down. I opened the book, and began my research.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this took me so long. Like I said, schools be tough. I got a bad grade in biology, so my mom wouldn't let me write for a while.

Anyway, I've brought my grade up, so she let me write again. I got right to work on this, and now I'm working on my requests for my big hero 6 x reader book. To those of you who requested something, I'm working on them! :)

Anyway, I'll be back with a new chapter soon! See ya! :)