The News Is Broken

Lily's POV

I felt my hands begin to shake under the table as my grandfather spoke his words .

"What did you just say?"
I asked not sure I heard him right .

"Your rebellious opinions have landed you in this years quarter quell"

"But im your granddaughter and im not from any of the districts"

I thought about the quarter quell how all the tributes this year were victors from previous years . Who were all excellent fighters or had the smartest brains and I bet anything as soon as they found out I the granddaughter of President Coriolanus Snow the man who promised them peace after they won and was now bringing them to die again was in there that I would be at the top of every single one of there kill lists and honestly I couldn't blame them .

"You should've thought about that before you began admiring the ways of Katniss Everdeen"

It was true I did admire Katniss . I admired how she made the capitol look like fools and I admire how everything she has done was to protect someone she cares about .

I felt anger burn inside of me but before I could say anything my grandfather spoke once again .

"Do you remember why the districts are treated as they are ?"

"Because you can't take the fact that they want to live better lives"

"They rebelled against the capitol"
My grandfather corrected .

"So they could get a better life which you wasn't giving them"

My grandfather ignored me but continued

"Katniss Everdeen is giving them too much hope and she is the face of there future rebellion so in this years games she needs to die"

"I hope she survives and I hope the rebellion starts"

"So many capitol citizens die ? Your own people ?"

"I only care about one of them and that's Daisy my little sister . The more important sister in your eyes and I know you won't hurt her so you hold nothing against me"

"If you want to get back into this family after the game you have to kill Katniss Everdeen yourself"

"No I will give my life to get Katniss Everdeen out of there"

My grandfather dismissed me as the peacekeepers came in and took me to the tribute training center . I wasn't aloud to say my goodbyes to Daisy much to my annoyance. I had a few good skills one been hand to hand combat and the other knife throwing .

There was no need for the stylists to pamper me considering I came from the capitol anyway .

********************

It was time for the tribute parade .

All the previous victors knew exactly who I was . I already knew I was dead when each victor either gave me a glare or a smirk . All except Peeta that was most likely because he was the weakest and didn't want to be making enemies .