The Past 2

Akshay:

I looked at her to scold Netra for calling me Akki but I found her asleep. She is cute. I smiled and cuddled her more. I kissed her head and slept holding her securely.

In the morning, Netra was getting ready and I hugged her from behind touching her bare waist. She has frozen in her place with my sudden touch. I kissed her right cheek.

"Akshay, I should get ready," Netra said cutely.

"I love you, Netra," I said, hugging her tightly.

"I love you too," Netra said.

"Did you like the breakfast prepared by me?"

"Yes, my dear husband," Netra said, turning towards me and encircling her hands around my neck.

"Whenever I pull you closer to me, my heart reminds me that I am the most luckiest person in the world for having your love," I said hugging her tightly to my heart.

"Akki, I.....," Netra said.

"Stop it. Don't call me as Akki or I will kiss these lips until you blush harder and forgets this world," I said, keeping my lips close to her.

"Akki, yesterday your mom called me," Netra said.

"Are you in touch with her? How dare you to do so even after warning you to stay away from her?" I shouted at her.

Netra kissed my lips stopping me from yelling at her. I didn't respond at first but slowly I gave in to her kiss.

"Akki, her condition is critical. Being her son, you should help her in this stage."

"Who cares? I don't have anyone except you and our children," I said.

"Yes, you don't need your mother now but she needs you. You no need to love her but help her," Netra said.

"Netra...."

"Akki, I know you. It's better to react now than regretting and blaming yourself later," Netra said.

I sighed and took my cheque book. I signed and gave a blank cheque to Netra.

"If it's just about money, I would have paid by now. It's not just that," Netra said.

"Then?"

"She is suffering from cancer and need your bone marrow to treat her," Netra said.

I closed my eyes remembering the past. Those days where I was left all alone where tears are my only companion. No one to take care of me in that tender age. My mom is too busy to wipe off my tears in make over session with her lover.

I know she was married against her wish and her husband was expired in an accident. I didn't ask her to stop her desires or love but how could she neglect her son for that? I was just a burden and token of her unwanted marriage. I used to beg the neighbours for food as I can't restrain my hunger in that age. The insults and humiliation were the rewards I got in return.

I sat on the bed calmly holding my tears. Only me and Netra know how I completed my study and reached this stage. After all Netra is the one who transformed me into this person. She always says I have given the life to her but if it's not Netra, any girl would have hated me so much for my brutality towards her in the past.

Netra sat beside me and kept her hand on my shoulder.

"Akshay, don't let the nightmares of your past ruin the happiness of your present and hopes of your future. Let it go," Netra said.

"Only if it's as easy to do as it's said."

"If I too start remembering my past, then I don't think I could survive. You too know it, right?"

"Netra, I don't want to discuss it. But, I am ready to help her to get the treatment. I will donate my bone marrow. Not because she is my mom but because I do it for anyone whoever it is. That's what you taught me," I said.

"Me? Is it possible for anyone to teach something to the great Akshay?" Netra widening her eyes dramatically.

I smiled at her naughtiness.

"When did I refuse to listen to your words? After all a husband must listen to the words of his wife surely to survive. Otherwise there would be no food and....." I paused and pulled her near to me.

"No bed," I whispered in her ears.

Netra hit me with her elbow in my stomach listening to my words.

"Ouch," I said holding my stomach.

"Idiot, 24*7 you would be thinking only about that," Netra said.

"And that means indirectly I would be thinking about you 24*7," I said, pecking her cheek.

"Why does my husband turn into a romantic king all of a sudden?" Netra asked raising her eyebrows.

"May be because my wife is a romantic queen," I said, winking at her.

"Enough now. Get ready for the office. It's not the time to romance," Netra said.

"Baby, I don't need particular time to romance. Did you forget all our early morning sessions? I could romance with my wife whenever the love for her overflows in my heart," I said.

"Akshay, You have an important meeting today. Just go," Netra said, pushing me away with her hand.

"Yes, and as you know my mind works better after our make over session, let's do it," I said huskily.

"And my mind stops working after that, so no," Netra said.

"As if you have a mind," I said and Netra glared at me.

Netra started hitting me with her fists making me laugh.

"Wife shouldn't hit a husband," I said and she hit me more.

"But I am your best friend, Akki. A friend has all rights to fight with her friend."

"My biggest mistake is to marry my bestie," I said for which I got a punch on my lips.

"Do you know what? There are different kinds of punches," I said, holding her hands and making her fall on me.

"You can also punch me with your lips. That's how a wife should punch a husband. I have taught you how to fight with this world. Now I will teach you how to fight with a husband," I said, moving my forefinger from her forehead to lips.

I flipped her upside down and raised my eyebrows.

"No way to escape," I said.

"Leave me, idiot. I will complain to my Akki saying that you are forcing me to make love. He will kill you," Netra said.

I removed her top and she remained before me half nude.

"You are already killing me," I said, looking at her.

I was about to start showering my love for her but finding her in a deep thought, I stopped. She is looking at roof without any emotion on her face. What happened to my angel?

"Netra, are you alright?" I asked her.

"Akshay, I want a kid as a symbol of our love," Netra said giving me a shock. Of course I left this to her decision but after having Kalki and Abhaya, I couldn't think about kids anymore.

How is the episode? I didn't reveal Akshay's past clearly in the first part. I have decided to write their past clearly in the second part. I will try to write that soon.