chapter eleven

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

Chapter eleven:

Walking down the halls of school only made me realise one thing— people truly were never going to change.

I look at the people I have known since forever and realise they have been the same shitty people since we were just little kids.

Well most.

Everyone is either fake, annoyingly nice, mean or just don't care about anything. They take advantage of people, push people around and make them feel like complete and utter shut for no complete reason at all.

And then there are the people who you've known for ages— they could be your best friend or even your relate and all of that gets thrown away for some shitty thing like the attention of a boy. That's usually the type of pain that hurts most.

I glance at the view in front of me in horror and disappointment.

I watch, my mouth agape, as my best friend has Noah pushed against the wall her fingertips feeling up his chest as she whispers what I would assume are dirty thoughts into his ears.

I hold back any sort of pain or sudden urge of anger I feel towards not just Noah but the girl I have called my best friend since forever. The girl who has never, no matter what, left my side even at her worst times.

I look at Nicola, hurt. Before I turn around and walk away thankful that she didn't get the chance to see me, in hopes that she would come to me herself and tell me whatever the hell I just looked at.

"Hey, Blair!" I hear Clara call out from somewhere behind me. I turn around to her voice, shocked. This is the first attempt she's made to talk to me since the first day of school.

She looks nervous in the oversized sweater she wears, along with the biting of her nails. "Can we- can we maybe talk?" She takes a deep breath like that took a whole lot of effort from her.

I smile softly, happy she's finally approached me. Suddenly I feel all the anger I've felt for her lift as I glance at her messy state. She's been through a lot and whatever has been happening to her, she deserves to express it however she feels like and take the amount of time and space she wants.

"Yeah, sure," I tell her. I don't want her to hear how excited I am, nor do I want to scare her away by showing her that I don't care even though I do. More than anything.

"Thank you." She exhales, gratefully.

I follow her as she leads me towards the bathroom; the best place for girl talk.

We walk in and thankfully nobody is in the bathroom.

"Look," She takes a deep breath. "I know I've been a terrible friend lately, and I've been honestly the biggest bitch ever."

I open my mouth to protest but she cuts me off. "But I do know one thing— I can't live without you in my life."

I feel my smile as she continues. "You're my best friend and I don't know what I'll do without you. It's just that these past months a lot has happened. I wasn't quite ready to tell anyone but Nicola did know."

I felt her eyes look at me as if to see if I was disappointed to hear this, but surprisingly I didn't show her my emotions. I already knew this and I wanted to let her explain before I responded.

She continues when she sees I don't have a reaction, smiling to herself a little as to think how understanding I am being. "I didn't tell Nicola, in case you were wondering. But she did find out since my dad was the one that fell in love with her mom. But since her mom was, and still is completely in love with Nicola's father, nothing ever happened. Except I guess he told my mom realising how unfair it is to keep leading her on which I understand. My dad is a good guy and if he fell in love he can't control it, he never acted on it or did anything but he couldn't hide his feelings. He did the right thing. But my mom was angry. Hell she became fucking insane. She went to Nicola's mom and told her every single fucking thing. Of course, Nicola's mom is a very sweet person so she kept it to herself and didn't think anything if it but she did tell her family. Nicola then later texted me with a threatening message about how my dad should back the fuck off or else she would ruin my social reputation. She also told me to stay away from you and keep things to myself. So I did. I was scared, Blair, god I'm so sorry! Please don't hate me." She cries out.

"Holy shit of course I don't hate you!! It's just going to take some time to process this because this is messed up. I mean it's fucking Nicola we're talking about. What about that day when you two went to talk alone in the mall? Or on the first day with Noah?" I respond to her quickly not wanting her to think I was upset, she didn't fucking do anything if she was telling me the truth. But I need answers.

She took another deep breath. "On the first day of school, I had just figured out my parents were getting a divorce, Nicola had no idea. Then, afterwards that very day she found out from my mom. And that day in the mall, I was shopping and I found Noah eating alone in Subway and I decided to approach him and talk about why he was such a jerk to me and to tell him I wasn't being myself that day and I guess before I could really get the right words out you guys came and caught me. But I swear that's all that happened. And then Nicola acted all surprised but really she pulled me aside to threaten me once again. I guess that's why she didn't include you."

Everything suddenly starts making sense.

I glance down, tears welling up in my eyes. This is way too much information to take in. Especially from the girl who is supposed to be my best friend. The girl I just witnessed trying to seduce the guy she knows I hate. The girl who threatened and made fun of our best friend instead of being there for me.

I look up at Clara, pulling her into my tight embrace. "I love you." I tell her softly, letting her know she can always tell me anything.

"I love you too."

"Now, what we were going to do about Nicola is still a mystery but we'll figure out something." I tell her, chuckling dryly.

I feel her nod.