chapter eight

Chapter eight:

My lips settle in a satisfied smile once I safely put everything in the room I was assigned in.

Molly gave mom a key to her house since she is away at the moment and will be returning a while after mom leaves.

Of course I'm okay with that since I've been alone at home before. Just not for many days. I don't like it.

I take a look around the room. It's beautiful. The whole house is humongous and completely breathtaking. They are clearly a wealthy family.

Actually, wealthy is probably an understatement.

"Are you ready?" My mom asks, glancing around the room as she speaks.

She looks just as stunned as I am by the house.

"It's beautiful isn't it," She says softly.

I nod in agreement. "Absolutely." and this is just one of the room. I can only imagine how the rest are to look.

Mom's phone beeps, taking her out of whatever trance she was in. I chuckle at the disruption.

She picks up shooting me a look, silencing me as she listens to the person on the the line, tentatively.

"Yes, I'll be right there," she smiles tightly before pressing her phone shut. It's a work phone so it's old.

"Sweetie, I've got to go. But I'm sure Molly will be back soon. Will you be okay?" She asks.

I nod.

"Bye mom! I'll see you in three weeks!" I say, squeezing her into the tight hug. I'm used to her leaving quite often so it isn't such a shock to me.

She laughs, heading towards the door as the last form of her goodbye. "Bye baby. Be good." She smiles and then leaves closing the door.

After a while, I hear the sound of them door opening. I walk down the stairs, towards the door ready to greet the woman who is so kindly taking me in her home. Or her kids. Though I'd prefer it was her.

I muster up all my courage as the door begins to slowly open after what seems like an hour. A minute in reality but..

It seems as if whoever is behind is struggling to open the door.

Deciding to give a hand to the struggling person, I walk towards the door and open it easily.

As I finally take a look at who was behind all along, I watch, my eyes wide as he comes in, leaving me in a complete trance.

This is so not happening. Please let this be a mistake, I pray to myself.

It seems as if he is just as shocked judging by the look plastered all over his face. He then recovers shooting me a deadly glare.

"What are you doing in my house?"