chapter nine

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

Chapter nine:

"Your house?" I cock an eyebrow at him. It can't be his house. It just can't. if it is, I'm truly going to cry.

He mocks me, folding his arms to his chest, cocking an eyebrow at me. "Yes. My house," he says flashing me an amused look.

I find myself gaping at how good he looks at that moment until reality hits me. I quickly cover up any look that might even give him the slightest idea that I find him attractive, and glare at him.

"Well.. if you must know, I'll be staying here for the next few weeks." I respond to him.

"Why?" He demands, clearly not very happy with the piece of information I have just shared with him.

"Thanks, feeling the love," I snap at him sarcastically. "I don't know.. I guess I have to?"

"No you don't. Leave." He demands.

I'm taken aback. I honestly don't have a clue what to do in this situation- was he for real or just messing with me? Was I really supposed to leave?

"What are you waiting for? Go." He seethes out at me.

Trying my best to hide the tears that were fighting to come out, I put on my best face showing him that I was unaffected. "Fine."

I walk up to the room I was previously supposed to stay in and gather my belonging. I hear footsteps coming behind me. "What are you doing this room?" He snaps at me.

I roll my eyes. Is he for real?

"I was supposed to stay in here. I'm just packing my things to leave, do you have to be a jerk even then?" I guess I'll just be going back into the house and staying alone.

"Get out. Now. This room is off-limits." He says, lowly.

What the fuck.

As soon as I get all my things which wasn't so hard since I hadn't unpacked, I leave without a word storming off.

He is such an asshole.

Shutting the door behind me I realise I don't have a ride back to my house.

"It's ok, no panicking, we'll just take an uber," I tell myself softly, taking a few deep breaths to ease myself.

As soon as the uber arrives, I jump in leaving the driver confused to why I didn't put my bags in the trunk. I take them with me in the front, trying to leave as quickly as possible.

"You okay ma'am?" The driver asks me politely.

I send a smile his way. "Yes, sorry. I'm just in a bit of a rush."

He nods, starting the car.

As I look out the window questions start to flood my mind. Why did he kick me out so fast? What have I ever done to him? Why is that room so off-limits that he literally had to drag me out? And most importantly why is he such an asshole?

I bite back the sudden rush of anger I was starting to feel for the sake of the driver.

The car finally comes to a halt which leads me rushing towards the door, finally happy everything is going to be ok.

Nothing can describe the way I felt back there. Embarrassed, hurt and angry.

I don't think I even want to go back to school because of him.

Fishing in my purse to take out my keys, my eyebrows furrow.

They aren't here.

I panic once again. This is not happening, not again. Please.

I sink into the hard but warm floor in front of my house, letting the tears fall freely. I don't deserve this.

"Oh my god, dearie! Are you okay?" An elder woman says, approaching me.

I wipe at my tears furiously. "Yes, yes. Sorry about that, I can't get into my house." I tell her in hopes she can do something about it.

"Would you like me to call your mom or dad? I'm sure they'll be on their way to open it?" She asks me carefully.

I wince. "No. They are away," I tell her. "But thank you for the help, I appreciate it."

"No, no. You're not getting rid of me that easily hun, you'll be coming back with me. To my house." She tells me in a mother-like way.

I laugh at her tone. "Really? That would mean a lot to me, thank you so much." I wrap my arms around her in a hug then wince at how weird that must've been.

She chuckles, "don't worry about it. My family will love you," she smiles softly at me, her blue eyes twinkling in the dark.

"I hope so," I joke. She's like the grandmother I never had.

***

I blink once. Twice. Thrice.

No. This is impossible. It can't be.

Here I am, standing in front of the house I had just run away from. "This is where you live?" I ask Patricia, nervously.

We exchanged names and a few stories on our way here.

She grins. "Yup! Don't be intimidated by it, it's big but that's about it. Very cosy inside." She tells me as she lifts her finger up graciously, ringing the doorbell.

I can feel myself heat up sweat forming in me within. I want to run away, but I can't. Please god, what have I done to deserve this? I pray, hoping someone answers my prayers.

Instead, they decide to answer the door.

I stare wide-eyed at the breathtaking woman in front of me. She truly is another level. Her green eyes glistened in the moon light as she steps out to greet me.

"Hello there," she greets. "I'm Molly."

I force a smile on my face as I answer her. "I'm Blair,"

She gasps.

"Blair sweetie? Oh my god is that you? I thought we lost you!" She exclaims pilling me into her tight embrace.

Great. Her jerk of a son couldn't even tell her what he did and instead made her panic.

"Don't just stand there, come in!" She steps aside to let me in much to Patricia's shock.

I smile at her gratefully.

"Let me show you your room," she says, taking one of my suitcases and leading me up the same familiar stairs I had just been in.

She less me towards the same room I was thrown out of before.

No I can't go back there what if he finds out?

"Thank you," I try my best to gush at her as she sets my bags down.

"No problem. Come down for dinner soon, in about fifteen minutes maybe? Until then freshen up, i'm so glad you could make it!" She squeals.

I grin. She is amazing.

How can someone so cruel be related to someone so sweet? I think to myself.

Hush, you don't know that! Maybe he just really has something against you. My inner thoughts respond back to myself.

I turn around in panic as I hear the door swing open. There he was, stone cold and looking at me as if I have committed some sort of crime.

"What the fuck are you doing back here?" He growls at me.