Still Not Better

(I have writer's block so enjoy this crappy chapter.)

Niall sighs, watching as Zayn and Louis argue about who's getting the bed closest to the AC. Niall really didn't want to be stuck in the same hotel room as them but Paul practically forced him. Apparently, management is done with Zayn's and Louis's bullshit, forcing the pair to stay in the same hotel room. Paul just thought it would be a good idea for Niall to also be in the room as a peacekeeper. Liam almost argued, Louis and Zayn hurt Niall, of course, it wasn't on purpose but still. Clearly, the pair are too angry with each other to care about anybody else.

"Can I have the bed closest to the AC?" Niall shyly asks, hoping to break up the arguing. Zayn's and Louis's heads snap to look a the younger man. Niall blushes at the sudden attention. 

"You're getting the pull out bed." Zayn snaps clearly agitated, putting his backpack on the bed closest to the door. Louis silently claims the bed near the AC. Well, at least that stopped the fighting even if Niall is stuck with the shitty pull out bed. Niall places his backpack on the side table near the couch, before taking the cushions off of the couch, setting up the bed.

"Uh mates, this doesn't have a mattress.." Niall mutters. Zayn comes over to inspect it clearly noticing the no mattress.

"Share with Louis." Zayn mutters, Louis looks up from his phone. "Oh no, he's not sharing with me. We're not teenagers anymore." Louis declines while shaking his head to make it known that he didn't want to share.

"Well, I dont want to share with him either." Zayn snaps back, only making Louis growl in return. Niall watches it all go down, the growling and the snapping at each other. It's probably like the tenth time they have fought today.  He's sick of it, why couldn't they just get along?!

"I'm going over to Harry's and Liam's" Niall shouts over the yelling, the two men can't even hear him over the yelling as they continue to shout profanities at each other. Quickly Niall slips on his backpack, ruching out of the room. It almost feels like when he was four years old again and his parents were constantly yelling at each other, and later divorced. Niall can't really see this ending well between Louis and Zayn, but he hopes he's wrong. Stopping at Harry's and Liam's hotel room, Niall gently knocks.

"Oh, hey Ni-" Liam's cheerful sentence is stopped as Niall throws himself into Liam's arms. He's full-on sobbing into Liam's shirt. Shuffling himself and Niall to Harry's bed. The younger man worriedly stares at Liam as he transfers the Irish lad into Harry's lap.

"What happened, Ni?" Liam questions, taking the other side of Harry's bed. Niall shakes his head. 'They just keep on fighting. I can't stand it anymore." Niall cries, making Harry's shirt damp with tears. Liam and Harry share a look, somehow the feud between Louis and Zayn was breaking their little Irish lad. They couldn't allow that.

"Hey Ni, you wanna go to the arcade? There's one downstairs, it'll get your mind off things." Harry whispers as he gently rubs the older man's back. "Okay" Niall sniffs, getting off Harry's lap. Harry is immediately thankful, Niall isn't that heavy but since that little nap, Harry and Niall shared on the couch his back wasn't liking him at the moment. Liam grabs his hotel key and his wallet before following Harry and Niall out the room. The trio bypass Louis's and Zayn's room and the shouting can be heard behind the door. Liam almost wants to walk in there to tell them to shut up and take it to the tour bus. The last thing they needed was to get kicked out of this hotel because of a noise complaint. It takes less than five minutes for the trio to get into the elevator, all the way to the lobby and into the arcade. It's a pretty nice arcade, for a hotel. It even has a small prize redemption.

"I'll buy the tokens." Harry acknowledges, taking out two crisp ten-dollar bills, putting them into the token machine. Harry grabs a plastic cup from the top of the machine, taking the lot of tokens and placing all of them into that cup. "Here you go, Ni." Harry mumbles, handing the shorter male the cup. Niall bounces in joy, before taking off to one of the arcade games. Liam and Harry watch Niall, both holding tiny smiles. Happy that their little leprechaun is happy once again.

"If the band breaks up again, I don't think Niall could take that." Harry turns to Liam, why would he say something like that. "Why would you say that?" Harry replies.

"I don't know how many times you saw Niall during the Hatiuis but he wasn't really doing well despite what the public eye thought. He turned to alcohol and it just now he hasn't drunk anything with alcohol." Liam confesses. Harry is confused, he remembers seeing Niall at the Eagles concert, he didn't seem that bad. He had a cup of beer in his hand but it's a concert, your going to drink at a concert. And soon Harry feels like shit, for the almost 5 years apart he has only seen Niall a total of fine times... five times in an almost five year period..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I doubt you needed that much candy, Ni." Liam comments eyeing the bag of candy the Irish man was clutching. He took all the tickets he won from the arcade and bought almost all the candy at the prize redemption. Niall throws hims a look on innocence.

"Your right though, the last thing we need is a hyper Niall before bedtime." Harry comments, catching Liam's eyes. They both share a look of evil. They're not sharing a room with the man, but Louis and Zayn are.

"Hey, Ni. Why don't you start eating that candy, before Liam steals it." Harry annouces, Niall gasps, turning to Liam in horror at the thought of his candy being stolen. Liam playful reaches for the bag of candy. Niall yanks the bag to himself closer before opening the bag, opening the first candy package of skittles. Liam smiles at Harry. This will show them.