Forty-Four

Owen's p.o.v

"Tyler I can't keep up," I grumbled, watching as the dark haired man turned around with a beaming smile on his face.

"Give me your bag," he walked back towards me, holding out his hand.

I sighed when the bag slipped off my shoulder. "How much longer?" I asked, handing it over to Tyler. He took it, and swung it over his shoulder as if it weighed nothing.

"It's just through the trees," he stepped closer to me and pressed his lips to my forehead. "It'll all be worth it. Promise. If you're hot take off your shirt. I did so a while back, I'm surprised you're still wearing yours."

I shrugged, biting my lip as I let my eyes wander down from Tyler's face. If I had a body like his I wouldn't wear my shirt either, but that wasn't the case. I shook my head.

"Is it because of the scars?" he said quietly, as if we were in a room full of people.

I nodded my head. "Yeah. I look weird."

Shaking his head, Tyler pressed his lips to my forehead once more. "No you do not. Let me roll these up at least." I nodded, letting him roll up one side of my t-shirt, and turning so he could do the other. "That should cool you off a bit. When we get there are you going to come into the water with me?"

He held out his hand for me to grab, and I took it with a nod. We fell into step side by side, and walked the rest of the way together.

"Wow..." I mumbled. I grabbed on awkwardly to my bag to help Tyler put it down before taking a couple steps forward. "Tyler, look at it."

Tyler nodded, stepping up next to me with a smile on his face. "Beautiful, ain't it. Are you gunna come in with me?"

I looked over at him with a frown on my face. "Is it safe?" I turned my head, feeling my face heat up when he winked at me.

"Of course. It's a tourist spot. Why?"

I shrugged. "I just don't wanna get all itchy. I got really itchy once."

He nodded his understanding. "Well take your shirt off, we can go in together." He then proceeded to shake his head, and grab my hand. "Actually I brought a change of shirts for you, let's go."

I let him pull me in, trialing behind him. When my toes first touched the water I let out a hiss. "Tyler, you said it was warm."

"That's what I thought as well, but hurry so we can take some photos before people get here."

I pursed my lips, and nodded slowly. The further we went in, the tighter I held onto his hand.

"We won't go in far, and you can always hold onto me," Tyler teased, leaning in too rub or noses together before letting go of my hand abruptly before falling in sideways.

"Tyler!" I gasped, reaching out to grab him. His head submerged into the water, and I stood there in shock until I watched his head come up, with his water sticking to his face. "Scared the heck out of me!" I hissed, walking in further.

Tyler chuckled, laying back, and sighing as the water surrounded him. His dark eyes were closed, and he looked completely at peace.

"Where is your glasses?"

He held up his right hand, showing me the folded set before waving me over with his other hand. "Come here, handsome."

I pursed my lips, moving in deeper. The water barely reached my waist when Tyler popped up, and pulled me flush to him.

"That's cold!" I gasped, gripping onto him as my body adjusted to the temperature.

"Sorry," he whispered in my ear, pressing his lips to the side of my head. "Hold on, I'm going in deeper."