Twenty-Two

Owen's p.o.v

I looked over at Tyler with a frown, watching as he laid back on the grass with his arms tucked behind his head, and his legs stretched out.

He was staring at me, but he wasn't really paying attention; his mind was elsewhere. I couldn't help but feel awful because he had dark circles under his eyes all because of me, and he looked as if he was on the verge of falling asleep.

He babied me ever since I had the break down in my room, which was a little under three days ago.

He constantly visited me at random times of the day, even when I wasn't expecting it or we even planned it. He texted me constantly, he even called a couple times as a way to remind me to reply to his messages.

He was too nice, and I was still confused why. Somewhere in the back of my head I was expecting him to just... leave.

After my break down I figured that had been one too many, and he was done. Granted he had seen me at my worst, but when was enough for him?

I snapped back to reality when I noticed his face appear in front of mine. His breath fanning my lips, and his eyes staring straight into mine. One of his brows were raised, while the other was just sitting peacefully.

He wanted to know what I was thinking. That or the bell had rung and it was time for us to get our butts back inside, but either or I decided to lean in, and press my lips to his.

Immediately I felt as if a ton of bricks had lifted off my shoulders, and only as Tyler started to kiss back did I feel as if I weighed as much as a feather. With a sigh, I pulled away, leaning into his neck, sitting there. I closed my eyes, tucking myself against him comfortably which in response Tyler wrapped his arms around me, holding me to him.

I needed that.

I needed this.

***

The rest of the day passed slowly, and from what Tyler was texting me throughout my last two classes, today was the day he was planning on coming out to his parents.

He was tired of hiding things. Tired of having to make sure he was able to get the house to himself to spend time with me, and he wanted to get it off his chest.

If I was him, I wouldn't. I was a small part of his life. Nobody knew how long we'd be together for, and for sure nobody knew if we'd even make it passed this week. Nobody, but Tyler knew if he'd even be interested in my flat chest, and what was between my legs in the next couple of days, let alone week. What if I was just some sort of release. Something new, instead of girls.

And who knew if his parents would accept his sexuality. What if they just waved it off as a phase. I mean, his parents knew him better than anybody, right?

When the final bell rung, I packed up my bag slowly, taking my time to stop at my locker, which Tyler was already leaning by, by the time I got there.

"Hey," he said, the sides of his eyes crinkling as he smiled.

I waved at him, watching with a small smile as he opened my locker. He waited patiently as I switched out my text books, after I was done, we walked to his vehicle, stopping momentarily so we could say bye to the twins, and Tamarah. After a small hug session, we were then off to his Jeep where we made our way to his house.

It was awkward at first.

His parents looked at the two of us briefly before turning back to talk to each other. Between them there was a nice sleek stove top kettle which had steam coming out of the top. I could only assume that the water was boiled, and the two black mugs that sat to the right of the stove were what the water was to be emptied into.

Like before, the kitchen was spotless, and the dark granite counter top was squeaky clean, and mixed beautifully with the dark cherry wood cupboards with the stainless steal appliances.

The aura they were giving out too was very intimidating. His dad was tall, and built. His pitch black hair was slicked back to match his dark eyes Tyler inherited. His cheekbones were high, his nose straight, and his jaw sharp. He had the smallest amount of stubble growing along his chin, and around his mouth. He was in a fitted gray shirt which bulged as he kept his arms folded across his chest, and from what I could see a pair of navy blue jeans.

Tyler's mother on the other hand was just as tall with dark brown hair which matched Tyler's which fell down to her shoulders. Her facial structures were strong, and sharp just like her husbands, but in a much more feminine way. From what I could tell she had a full face of make-up on which complimented her bright blue eyes. She was wearing a pair of black dress pants which paired nicely with a dark purple dress shirt which was rolled halfway up her forearm paired with a thin silver chain with a circular pendant.

If I was to guess, I'd say they just got off work, and were about to go have some alone time together. Probably light a candle, dim the lights. and shut the windows for a romantic evening.

Tyler walked passed them to the cupboard, pulling out a new bag of chips from up top before going to the fridge to grab two cans of pop. He said something to his parents who nodded their heads before he ushered me out the kitchen and up to his room.

"I'm scared." Was the first thing he wrote to me on a sheet of paper after he set down the chips, and drinks.

I nodded, taking the paper from his hand, and using his wall to say that it was fine, and I understood... it wasn't easy coming out, or dealing with the backlash of the people around you.

He shook his head, though. "I'll tell them... just later," he said slowly enough for me to read his lips.

I pursed my own before frowning, but Tyler shook his head, dropping his bag to the floor before motioning for me to do the same. Nodding, I dropped mine to the floor, and sat on his bed. Watching as he grabbed his laptop from his nightstand, and throw it onto the middle of the bed. He closed his curtains to darken the room a bit before disappearing into the washroom.

During that time, I opened his computer, opened the bag of chips, and scooted back onto a pillow. I ate a couple of chips as I waited for Tyler to come back.

When he did, we were quick to agree on an action movie to watch, and during the middle of the movie, Tyler ended up running downstairs for me to get me another drink, but he didn't come back as soon as I thought he would.

It was a good ten minutes before Tyler reappeared with the drink, but something wasn't right. I could feel it.

His shoulders were sagged, his lips were pursed, and his eyebrows furrowed as if he was in deep thought.

I knew right away, though, that something was wrong.

When he looked at me, and smiled it didn't reach his eyes like before. His face didn't crinkle adorably, and overall he just seemed... down.

I assumed the worst just happened.

And I was right.

________________________________________________________

I'm sorryyyy for taking forever! I was stumped and didnt know how to continue this chapter. I was like, 1/2 to 3/4 dont, and then after that... I didn't know how to keep on, but anyway.

Hope you all enjoyed, and yeah, sorry for any mistakes!