Seventeen

Owen's p.o.v

My excitement still hadn't died down the next day after Tyler had asked me out. After reading the note over and over again I had to text him right away.

Yes. YES!

Of course I would. It shouldn't have been considered a question. Tyler could have just told me the day we were going out to get dressed, and I wouldn't have questioned him. I'd go anywhere with Tyler as long as he let me.

When we got to school that morning, Tyler told me the smallest bit of what he was planning for the date. It would be semi-formal, and it would be at his house, rather than mine so we could have some "alone time" together, which he said would just be us relaxing. No funny business.

When lunch rolled around, so did the clouds above. The wind picked up, but everyone decided to eat outside because the school was doing some yearly student auction which none of them wanted to take part in, and of course, neither did I.

My head flew to the side, and I narrowed my eyes as I looked over at a chuckling Tyler, as I brought my hand that wasn't holding Tyler's to rub at my ear.

"Stop," I said, which had him raising an eyebrow in return.

"No." I read off his lips, which soon pulled into a teasing smirk as he brought my hand to his mouth to kiss the top of it.

I rolled my eyes, and looked towards the girls who were both on their phones, occasionally showing each other the screens, while the rest of the guys were chatting, except Tyler, because he just kept blowing in my ear.

My head snapped to the side, and I narrowed my eyes, pushing Tyler backwards, and flicking his nose in the process before shooting up, and taking off across the field towards the bleachers at the opposite end of it.

Now, of course compared to Tyler I wasn't fast at all, but when I turned back and noticed how far back he truly was, I couldn't help but slow to a jog as I turned around, throwing my hands in the air as Tyler made his way over.

As I took a couple steps backwards, my mind blanked momentarily as I stepped back into someone, nearly falling as I stumbled to the side to avoid completely crushing them. When I flew around to see who it was, and  to mouth my apology, a fist met me half way, causing me to cry out, and stumble backwards onto the grass.

My hands immediately went up to my nose, as I felt a slow trickle of something wet sliding down my nostril. I pulled my hand away, confirming that it was indeed blood.

I looked up past my hair at Sean, watching as he was smiling down at me. For once he wasn't with Jared or Tanner, and it confused me momentarily until Sean was tackled to the side in the blink of an eye.

I wiped at my nose, pushing myself onto my feet before rushing forward to pull at Tyler's shirt to get him off of Sean. By the looks of it, Tyler had already given him one to the face. My eyes widened when Tyler's right arm pulled back, and I jumped on him, grabbing said arm to stop him from hitting Sean, again. I didn't want him to get in trouble, and miss school. He made it bearable.

Tyler fussed, and tried to tug his arm free before bringing his left elbow back, and swinging it into my side, causing me to choke on my breath. I fought the tears that threatened to leak out of my eyes, but I wasn't able to hold them as Tyler turned back, his face twisted with anger, and in a blind rage, he grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, and slammed me onto the ground.

I squeezed my eyes tight, and threw my hands up, preparing for Tyler's hit, but to my relief it never happened. Instead his weight was lifted off of me, and I was tugged up from the ground, with arms going around me from every direction.