Angel

Angel was extremely proud of herself. For not only deviating a precise strategy and building a magnificent team, but also doing it completely under the radar four consecutive years. She was shocked at how successful they were able to execute everything. Fifteen years ago, she would have never thought she would be here, right now, preparing to finish Operation Vegas.

“Angel,” Dre snapped her from her thoughts, “you okay? You seem out of it.”

She folded her arms and nodded her head, “yeah, I’m okay. Thanks, by the way.”

“For?” he raised his eyebrow with a blank expression on his face.

“For saving me,” she responded with much gratitude, “don’t think I ever told you how grateful I am.” It was true, she was very grateful. Two thugs tried to rob them when they received the last shipment. They were masked men. While one was cutting the cord to the alarm system, the other was watching out. Long story short, she forgot her purse back at the warehouse, and they had to turn around. The watch out seen when they pulled up and started releasing bullets, startling the other one who in return cut the wrong wire triggering the alarm. Dre let out one round, striking the masked man in his temple. The other man who was tampering with the alarm took off running. Instead of going after him, Cameron and Dre cleaned up the mess, while Angel made a call to the alarm company to inform them of the false alarm. God knows they didn't need the cops snooping around the warehouse. It would blow the entire operation, so after that incident they decided to change to a more isloated location and add more security.

“Told you big sis,” he pounded his hand against his chest, “it’s my job.”

I’ll see you later” He threw up the peace sign and walked out of Sepaga'.

“See you later bro,” Angel repeated back to him before he walked out of Sepaga', the lingerie and sex store she, well they, owned. Her brothers owned 25% of all her establishments.

She watched Dre hop in the 2018 Toyota 4Runner with Cameron, then speed off.

“God keep them safe and everything according to plan,” was the silent prayer she sent up to the man above as she began restocking the store, hanging the lingerie pieces on the mannequin and the sex toys and DVDs on the shelf.

Thirty minutes passed by, and her stomach began to rumble. It was definitely time for a lunch break. She checked the time; it was a quarter passed two and decided to take a break and head across the street to the new restaurant Agape's Food And Drink that had opened almost a month ago. She had been hearing a few people that came through the store and club talk about it, so she thought why not try it out.

Angel could smell it from across the street, whenever she came outside the store, and it smelled delicious; from the Facebook and Instagram pictures she'd seen, if it tasted anything  like how it looked and smelled, she couldn't wait to get ahold of their menu. She grabbed her keys to lock up the store, her phone and her purse then walked out of the store, making sure to lock it behind her before crossing the street and walking into Agape's.

“Hi, welcome to Agape's Food And Drink, will it be to-go or can I get you a table for 1?” The host greeted her as soon as she walked through the door with a pleasant and friendly tone. She was amazed; it was beautiful inside. A one stop shop for all your food, drink, and sweet tooth needs. It was buffet style with endless selections. She couldn't wait to try the food.

“You know what,” she thought about if she wanted to eat in or take it to go, “I'll just take a seat at the bar,” making eye contact before looking over at the bar.

“Great,” the host replied in a happy tone, “please follow me,” she instructed Ange, before leading the way. “The buffet has a variety of choices. Drink menus are at the bar, and the desserts are to your far right. If the buffet has too many options for you, and you only want something simple, here's a basic menu for you.” She handed me the tri fold menu. “I particularly like the chicken tuna salad with fresh fruit and the buffalo chicken dip with the restaurant chips. Your bartender and server tonight will be Kloe'. If you need anything please refer to her.” She flashed Angel a smile. ”I hope you enjoy your meal today, let me know if you need anything.” Was the last thing she said to her before walking back to her station.

“Screwdriver extra shot of orange juice,” the bartender Kloe' slid a drink across the bar top to a beautiful woman. Her thick, sandy brown, curly hair was pulled back into a high bun; she had hazel green eyes and wore hoop earrings with a halter black dress. The tattoo above her right shoulder was of a rose with the phrase “For those I love I will sacrifice” written under it, instantly sticking out to me. She looked far from feminine although that’s the manner in which she presented herself.

Angel had only been with one female in my life, and that was her first night attending Underground Atlanta, but something about this woman's beauty had her memorized and for some reason, she felt like she had to have her.

Angel walked up and sat two seats down from her, “Screwdriver extra shot of orange juice,” she smiled at Kloe' before pretending to read the menu.

“Coming right up,” Kloe' responded eagerly.

“What you know about a screwdriver with an extra shot of orange juice?” the sweet innocent voice coming from the left of her made Angel look up from the menu in front of her.

“Well, I'm not much of a drinker,” she lied, knowing she could damn well hold her liquor, “however, I like vodka and love orange juice, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with such a basic drink.” she smiled flirtatiously.

The lips the innocent voice came from curled up into a smile, and she parted her lips to speak, “I'm Tamia Lakewood, but you can call me Mia.” She leaned over and extended her hand to Angel.

“Nice to meet you Mia,” she shook her hand, “I'm Angel. Angel Love. I own Sepaga', the lingerie and sex store across the street.” Kloe' passed her drink, and she took a sip before pointing across the street at her store.

“You should stop by sometimes. We have some pieces I'm sure would look good on you.” She tried to hide her eagerness.

Mia smiled at her, “I may just do that. Check please.” She stood up and handed her debit card to Kloe'.

“How about next round on you? I got this one covered.” Angel pulled her wallet from her purse and handed Kloe' a fifty dollar bill. “Keep the change,” she told her.

“Any suggestions on what I should try?” she turned her focused back to Mia.  

Mia smirked at her, “The chicken tuna salad and fresh fruit is to die for. The buffalo chicken dip with restaurant chips is good too. So tell me Mrs. Love, how am I supposed to contact you?”

“It's Ms. Love,” Angel corrected her with a smile then handed her one of her business cards.

Mis smiled at the card then back at Angel, “You have yourself a great day Ms. Angel Love.”

Angel watched the beauty walk away from her and out of the restaurant. Damn I got to have her, she thought to herself.