Chapter 28

Tiffany POV

"Ma, are you ready to go yet?"

"Yes chile now move before I slap you. All up in my ear for." She grabbed the pie that she baked earlier and walked out the door.

I locked the door behind us before getting in the car to go to Andre's for Thanksgiving.

"Tiff you drive. I don't feel like driving all the way over there."

"Mama it's just down the street. We can practically walk down there." I smacked my lips at her but drove there anyways.

I pulled in the driveway and parked by Andre's car. We made our way to the front door and before I knocked on his door I fix my dress a little.

The door soon opened and I saw Yadaline in a hip huggin cream colored dress.

"Hi honey, oh I missed you so much. How are you?" She asked as she rushed me with a hug.

"Great,thanks for asking. Yadaline this is my mom, mom Ms.Yadaline."

"Hey, you can call me Melanie." She shook her hand and then came in the house.

"Well it's very nice to meet you Melanie.Happy Thankagiving. You two can wait here while I get everything settled."She went off leaving me and my mother standing in the living room.

"See she's cool right?"

"Yeah I guess. I just don't like how she try to out do my little blouse and pencil skirt in that little dress she got on." I laughed at her. My moms biggest critic was herself. I don't understand why though. She had a nice shape to be in her 30's. Something I wish I took after her.

"Okay,whatever."

"Is that my baby? Look at ya. Aye you the coke bottle and Im the top, you know why? Because I would like to be ontop of- hey Ms.Jones." Andre stopped when he saw my mama standing there with her hand on her hips and the other one holding the pie.

"Hello Andre. What you didn't see me standing there?"

"No ma'am I can barely see. Im legally blind."

"Boy if you don't stop."

"Im sorry Ms.Jones. You look nice today."

"I know that. Where's the kitchen? I wanna sit this down and have a little chit chat with your mom."

"Down this hall and make your right."

"Thank you." She went where she was told and as soon as she was out of sight Andre started talking again.

"Damn girl, I'd like to the dress huggin the hell out of them hips. Happy thanksgiving babe."He came over to give me a hug and a kiss but never stopped hugging me.

"Same to you. You look handsome by the way." He had on some dark jeans with a dress shirt and ontop of it a cardigan.

"Thanks babe. You know if our moms wasn't here right now I would know how to control myself with you." He said making me laugh.

"You always talk so crazy behind my mom and never in front of her. Why is that?"

"That's because I got mind control over her. When she be like Andre shut up, I be quiet. But when she leaves I be talking again." I laughed at his explanation.

"Yeah okay, Smokey."

"Oh you saw that movie too?"

"Andre we watched that movie before together. Remeber." He sat there and looked for minute like he was lost.

"Oh yeah. I forgot."

"C'mon let's go."

We started walking to the kitchen. When we got there we saw Andre's and my mom sitting down talking.

"Hey you guys. You ready to eat?"

"You already know. A nigga hungry as hell." As soon as those words came out his mouth, Yadaline slapped him upside his head.

"You better watch your mouth boy."

"Dang aight ma."

We went to go sit at the table and saw there was everything you can imagine sitting on there waiting to be eaten.

"Wow, you cooked all this by yourself?"

"Well you know Andre's big headed self wasn't going to help."

"Mama you know I helped you out."

"With what?"

"The cranberry sauce." He said with a serious look.

"Andre all you did was opened the can, now be quiet."

He mumbled something under his breathe that no one could hear before sitting down. We said a little prayer and then finally dug in.

*After dinner*

"Tiffany?"

"Hmm"

"What are we gonna do after high school? I mean I never really thought about it until just now. What's gonna happen after we graduate?" We were laying on his bed.I was on my back while he was on his stomach. My mom left about ten minutes ago and said I could stay for a while.

"Umm I don't know. Where do you want to go to college at?"

"I didn't ask that. I asked what's gonna happen to us. I would like to know." He put emphasis on us.

"Well Im gonna go to college after."

"Is it far from here?"

"New York."

"Wow." He sat up on the edge of the bed.

"You can't stop me Dre okay. I already had this planned before I even knew you."

"Who said anything about stopping you all I said was wow. Wasn't nobody even thinking that shit."

"Great, so you're mad?"

"No Tiffany." I scooted next to him.

"So what's the problem then."

"I was gonna go to at least Georgia since it's closer. My first choice was always gonna be California but then I met you." He turned his head towards me.

"Im sorry Dre."

"C'mon I should get you home."

He went into his closet to get his jacket. As we were leaving out he told his mom he was walking me home and she shook her head telling me to tell my mom thanks for the pie.

The walk home was quiet. It wasn't one of those good quiet, more like an awkward one. I folded my arms around me and moved my hands in an up and down motion.

I felt Andre's jacket go around me.

"Thanks."

"Welcome."

When we made it to my house I turned around to give him back his jacket. He had a sad look in his eyes and I knew what caused that look.

"Here you go. Thanks for walking me home."

"It's nothing. I'll talk to you later okay."

He started to leave but I pulled him back to give him a hug.

"I love you Dre. Im sorry, I really am."

He leaned down giving me the most heart warming, passionate kiss I ever had. It held so much emotion it.

"I love you too baby. Goodnight."

I watched as he made his way back home until he was no longer in eye sight.