The Symptoms

The worst thing out of all of it though was that he dumped me on our anniversary.

__________________

Lee Jaemin, April 12th, two days later...

My phone kept buzzing with notifications, so I looked through them all before loudly gasping. "Minwo's soulmate... is Kim Jisoo, from BLACKPINK?!?!"

"Wait, what?!" My mother exclaimed. She grabbed my phone and read the article.

"Oh my-! You know what... just ignore it. Act like he never existed; if you hear news about him, block it out. It makes you sort of forget about his shitty actions," my mother said.

I nodded my head, looking towards the kitchen. "I'm gonna eat canned corn."

"Uh... okay," she mumbled, looking away from me. I smiled, knowing she thought I was weird. Which is accurate.

June 12th, 3 months later...

It's been 3 months since Minwo found his soulmate and broke up with me. I was well over him given the fact that I finally saw his true self, but I was also tired of all the news that kept showing up about him and Jisoo.

There was an article I once saw talking about Minwo's past relationships. And his most recent one.

That sly dog avoided any questions that would say anything about me specifically. If he did decide to say anything about me, he made me seem like the bad person.

Motherfucking bitch. Like, was I the one who lied to him the entire relationship? Pfft, no. He only answered general questions that weren't too personal.

With personal questions, he'd reply with a short answer, or just reply with a stupid smart-ass question. I feared for Jisoo's safety as well...

Hopefully he doesn't hurt her at all.

I'd gotten into wrestling, boxing, and Taekwondo again to get my mind off of Minwo. Even though I was over him, the sports stuck with me.

I decided to go to the boxing building and saw my friend walking in as well. "Oh. Hey Jiseok!" I greeted. "What's up, Jaemin!" He replied.

We walked to our lockers which were in different rooms. I wrapped bandages around my fists and changed into shorts and a tank top. I walked out of the girls' locker room to see Jiseok waiting for me.

"Jiseok, how is Jimi doing?" I asked.

"She's doing great, actually! Recovering fine!" He answered happily. Jimi is his soulmate. She had grown a tumor in a lung, and she had surgery to remove it a month ago.

"Wanna do the bags?" Jiseok turned to a door.

"Yup," I said, popping the p. We walked into the room that had a bunch of punching bags hanging by chains from the ceiling.

My favorite was the 140 pound one.

I stepped up to it as Jiseok stepped up to the bag next to me. We started pounding our fists into the punching bags.

I started to break a sweat about 10 minutes later. I channeled all of my anger into my fists as I punched the bag. I huffed as my knuckles slammed into it. After a while, I felt like I was satisfied.

I took a small sip of my water and wiped the sweat off my forehead. A few seconds later, Jiseok walked out and stood next to me, chugging all of the water.

We went to our lockers, changed back into our normal clothes, and met each other in the lobby of the building.

We were having a nice conversation about our childhood when suddenly, my ankle started itching. I tried to ignore it, but every few seconds, it would come back even stronger.