There must be an angel (playing with my heart)

Crowley dreamed of Heaven.

The Principality Aziraphale was newly minted, glowing but not burning. Botis hadn't had much to do with the third Triad, and he was interested that they had been given forms similar to the humans. Only two wings—did the humans have wings? Hardly any eyes at all, though. It would be much easier to cover them against the glory of God if there were only two, so he supposed one pair of wings was enough too.

Principalities were completely different to any other angelic form he'd met, judging by this one. Softer even than feathered wings, but solid, somehow.

"Yes, I understand your point, your Grace," Aziraphale said patiently, "but I do think if everyone would just talk to each other it could all be sorted out without all this nasty Rebellion business."

"Since when has the Almighty answered anyone's questions?" Crowley asked bitterly.

"Perhaps Prince Lucifer is asking wrongly," Aziraphale said. He folded his hands primly. "Not that I would judge him. Still, I find a nice talk always helps."

"Look, we made the Universe for Her—"

"Not me, personally."

"I forgot, you're still new-born." Botis turned and twisted in his fire. "Well, some of us did. Great big stars and planets."

"The stars are very pretty," Aziraphale said politely. "Well done."

"Not close up, they're too hot even for me, and smelly. Anyway, that's not my point. My point is, we were Her creations and companions, and now what? We have to bow down to two corporeal beings on one insignificant tiny planet?"

"I'm rather looking forward to guiding them," Aziraphale said, a little pouty. "They are... interesting."

Botis directed the gaze of some of his eyes into the clear blue-green ones of the Principality ,and for the first time felt defeated. This child of an angel Questioned, he was sure of it. It was in the slightly worried brow, the careful lacing of his fingers together. But under it all was an unassailable faith and Love like bedrock. Botis felt that, this time, he was better off cutting his losses and going to talk to someone else. Lucifer would understand. It was just a Principality, after all.

He didn't leave.

"Look," said Aziraphale. "It's no good. My entire Created purpose is to look after and love the humans, do you really expect me to resent them? Don't worry your head over it, your Grace. Everything will turn out for the best, just wait and see." He smiled, and his smile was startlingly beautiful, in a completely different way to all the glory of Heaven. "It's all going to be quite fun."

It was hard to open his eyes. Such a strange dream. He'd never known Aziraphale in Heaven. Perhaps, if he had, things would have been different. Probably not, though. He'd never loved anyone or anything in Heaven, not even the Almighty, not until a shame-faced admission of disobedience by an unfallen angel, a wing kindly outstretched against the first rain. Would any of that have mattered to him when he was still held in the Almighty's unbearable burning Grace?

If he was going to dream about Aziraphale, he could think of several hundred more fun situations to imagine him in than Heaven.

His eyes hurt. His shoulders hurt. Serve him right for falling asleep on the couch when he had a perfectly, in fact obscenely, comfortable bed. Perhaps he should have sobered up first. He hadn't even drunk that much. Maybe his precious Seppeltsfield port had gone bad. It wasn't like Aziraphale had drunk much of it anyway. He peeled open one eyes and gave it a baleful look.

The atmosphere of the flat was still deliciously warm and golden. He wondered if Aziraphale was maintaining it now, or him. In the light, the thrones looked ridiculous, and he decided it was time to change them to something less showy. He could try clean and light instead of Gothic industrial nightmare. Time to browse some catalogues.