Chapter Seven- I Miss You

Its my birthday holy shit

 I was going to miss the overwhelming presence of Ryder and as the hug grew longer, I realized how lonely I had been since I've been with Adam.

Chapter Seven- I Miss You

Riley's POV

I twirled the blades of grass around my finger before ripping the plant out of the ground. I could feel Ryder's stare on the top of my head but I didn't dare look up. He was either extremely pissed or just freaked out. Eventually I looked up and met the harsh glare of my best friend.

"You did what?" He yelled, causing a few birds to scatter from the trees. I cringed at his sudden change in tone. "Danny isn't going to like this. I can't believe you would do that."

"Adam is my mate, Ryder," I said, "And I did what I had to do."

"I guess, you're right." He glanced behind him as if he expected someone to be easedropping on our conversation. "It seems you had a pretty strange time since you've been here." I nodded in response, glad that he had finally loosened up.

"How bad is he doing?"

"Last time I checked, he was tasting cakes with Noah but he didn't seem so great."

"Oh, I totally forgot. Your wedding is coming up!" He chuckled, his bright teeth sparkling in the moonlight.

"Its sucks though. My bestman isn't going to be there."

"Oh no. I'm going to convince Adam in going, if its the last thing I do." He smiled, sincerely, his eyes crinkling in the corner. I could see the sadness in his eyes and that's when I remembered. His father's funeral was probably in a few days.

A sudden howl sounded in the distance, catching both of our attention.

"I have to go." He stated as we both rose to our feet. He gave me a closed mouth smile before welcoming me into his arms. I was going to miss the overwhelming presence of Ryder and as the hug grew longer, I realized how lonely I had been since I've been with Adam. I was completely cut off from my friends and most importantly, my mate. I had to get back, some way or some how.

"I'll see you at the wedding." I called out as he shifted and began to walk away. He glanced over his shoulder, his bright wolf eyes memorizing my face before taking off into the dark wilderness- and I was alone.

++++++

Danny's POV

My brain was pounding against my skull and there was slight bruise on my arm but these pains didn't compare to the pain in my shoulder. Riley's mating bite was causing great pain but when I checked on it, the bite looked the same as it always had, minus the slow fading. Sighing deeply, I shifted in my bed, glad that I wasn't tasting cakes with Noah anymore. I knew I was probably a burden to him but I didn't think he would be so obvious with his annoyance.

The thought of possibly driving my only friend away scared me but also brought a sense of peace. All I really wanted was to be alone and not have to deal with others as they complained about small problems. I inhaled softly, my heart squeezing from the pain I was enduring mentally. Being away from Riley this long was worse than I expected it to be. I though it was going to be like the beginning, where I was in pain but I was still able to see him every now and then. But this was nothing like the last time. I couldn't see him, I couldn't feel him, and I couldn't even hear him. The absence of my mate was killing me.

My bedroom creaked, indicating that someone had probably entered. Luckily, my back was facing the door. Hopefully the person would assume I was sleeping and just leave. But instead, five people entered my room and gathered around my bed, sad looks on their faces as if they feared I was dead or something related to that.

"Danny?" I lifted my head, making eye contact with my Alpha. Ryder, Noah, Ronnie, Andy, and even Mitch were squeezed into my room and were all staring at me like I was a lost puppy. "How does your head feel?"

Slightly cowarding into the cushions behind me, I sat up and drew my knees to my chest, hoping to seem submissive to my higher authority. "My head feels fine." That was a lie.

"I got you an ice pack," Noah said, lowly, as he extended his hand towards me, an ice pack in his palm, the skin already turning red from the excessive coolness. With a trembling hand, I took the pack from his hand, my finger tips stinging from the cold ice. I pressed it on my bruised forehead, satisfied at the comfort it brought.

"Is there anything that you need?" My eyes squeezed tightly as I imagined the pitiful faces my friends probably had at the moment. The only thing I needed was my mate.

I shook my head.

"I'll come check on you later, okay?" I sat in silence, not daring to open my mouth because I knew if I did, I wouldn't be able to supress my cries. I nodded my head, slightly, hoping they would get the message and just leave me alone.

I heard the shuffling of feet and figured everyone had left. I exhaled, deeply, glad I was finally alone. But I was wrong. My bed dipped as someone sat down in front of me.

"I know how you feel," a voice said. I could hear the pain the person felt and it made me wonder who it was. But I was too upset to look up. "I know our situations are different but we're both missing some one we love. Your mate was taken by some demon and the person I love is off with someone with else. It hurts."

I looked up this time, curious as to who it was. It was Mitch and I instantly knew he was talking about Ronnie and Andy. I wasn't hurt that he would try to compare his love life with mine. Instead, I felt like he was the only person that actually understand what I felt like at the moment. He probably didn't feel physically equivalent to what I felt but he definitely knew how I felt emotionally.

Sighing, I shifted around and laid my head on his stomach, surprising both me and him. I never would think I would be this comfortable with human interaction. Especially since I barely talked to Mitch but for some reason, I felt like some human affection would help both of us.

He relaxed beneath me and we molded into my bed, one of his arms draped around my shoulders. He smelt faintly of the sea with a small hint of another wolf's scent.

"We're going to get through this, Mitch." I cuddled into his side before my eyes slid closed and I let the darkness overwhelm me.