Chapter Fifteen- Can You Hear Me?

the fight between adam and danny is literally two chapters away. whos excited? I am

But I was too angry to really notice his confusion, massive amounts of adrenaline and rage were pumping through my veins, influencing my thoughts and my actions.

Chapter Fifteen- Can You Hear Me?

Danny's POV

I examined the other wolves that surrounded me, surprised at their extremely toned muscles and hard faces. I tried to stand up as tall as possible and even puffed out my chest but no matter what I did, I was still the smallest out of the group.

"Ok, troops. Let's begin with a simple exercise. Go ahead and shift!" Ryder yelled to our group. I shifted, immediately, and regretted it afterwards. Every single wolf was larger than me, tougher than me. I was so small, frail compared to them that it was embarrassing to even be living at the moment. I was practicing with teenage wolves and they were still bigger than I was.

"Key techniques in fighting: Aim for the neck with your teeth," Ryder began as he walked in front of us, eyeing every wolf as if to analyze them and create a mental folder of their weaknesses and strengths. "Use your claws to attack the hind legs or even, the face."

He stopped in front me, noticed how much smaller I was, and continued walking. I lowered my head, suddenly ashamed at my size. There was slight whispering from beside me and I knew I was the subject of their conversation.

"What a wimp," one of the wolves had said. "Wasn't he an omega?"

Out of reflex, I whined, lowering my head until my nose touched the ground. Ryder seemed to take notice and quickly changed his tone.

"Let's practice," he bellowed. He named different wolves, putting them into pairs. When he paired me with another wolf, I was surprised to find that I wasn't the only small wolf in the group.

The wolf's name was Michael, his fur was a soft brown that seemed to be incredibly fluffy. I thought I looked harmless. He looked like a stuffed animal but I guess that was why we were perfect together.

We walked in circles, eyeing each other as if we were predators hunting our prey. I could tell he was fast, similar to me but I knew I was faster, considering my past involved a lot of running away. He was also incredibly impatient. That's how I knew he was going to strike first, so I waited.

After a few seconds of circling each other, he whipped forward, his paw reaching for my face but I was quick to dodge him. I was able to tell when he was about to make a move because of how heavy footed he was. He stomped like a giant and he breathed like an old pregnant horse.

He swiped again but I moved towards his body, grabbing the nape of his neck and pulling him backwards until I was pinning him to the ground. He snarled in my face, snapping his jaw to harm me in any way possible but I kept my face distant, using all my strength to hold down this other wolf.

It felt strange to fight for once. I obviously wasn't a physical fighter. I was a runner and if I got tired running, I would hide. That was how I would run away from the other rogue wolves and it worked every time.

But now that I was fighting, it made me wonder why I never fought back before. The only reason was because I was never taught how to fight as a cub like every other wolf. I was taught to run, hide, and get rid of any evidence of my existence.

"Good job, Danny," Ryder said from above, his canines prominent. With a wolfy grin, I allowed my partner to stand up. "Everyone back into formation!" We responded quickly, running to our places in line, not wanting to disobey an Alpha's order.

Riley's POV

"Come on, Riley. You can't stay mad at me forever," Adam sang as he pranced around the room, his pants being the only piece of clothing he wore.

"I can and I will," I stated plainly, my hands shoved into my pockets as I stared out of the window, taking in the beautiful scenery of our backyard. It was finally warming up, causing the snow to melt and for the trees to turn a bright shade of green.

"Don't be like that," Adam cooed, his hands wrapping around my shoulders and traveling down towards my stomach. I continued to stand still, my body warming from his contact and my shoulders relaxing from his breath on my neck.

"Don't touch me," I finally said as I moved from his grasp, crossing the room until I was seated on the bed. I glared at my reflection in the mirror, not happy with what I saw. I shouldn't be in the bed of the man I hated. I should be with my mate, holding him and hugging him and telling him how sorry I was.

Adam crawled across the bed to where I sat, his hands returning to my shoulders and massaging them carefully. His touch caused the bites on my shoulder to burn, to warm to inhuman temperatures until my skin felt like it was on fire, and not in the good way.

Hissing, I moved away from his hands, not wanting to feel him against me any longer. There was sudden anger that was manifesting within my chest. It burned my heart and caused my hands to turn into fist, every fiber of my being wanting to harm him.

"What do I have to do to get you to love me?" He yelled, his eyes furious now. I glanced back at him, feeling no form of pity for the man who kneeled on his own bed, begging for my love. "I love you, Riley."

Scoffing, I said, "You have no idea what love is." I turned to walk away but was suddenly, thrown against the door, my body aching from the harsh contact. Adam was the next being to make contact with my body, his warmth seeping through my skin as he breath heated my ear.

"You can't run forever, Riley," he whispered, his tongue snaking out to lick the outer shell of ear. With hot, angry fists, I attempted to push off the wall, to escape from his grasp but his power was too strong.

I didn't know how much longer I could handle being around him. His power was slowly wearing off and he only seemed to push my anger farther.

I pushed back against him once more and this time, I was able to detach myself. Surprised he stepped backwards, confused as to how I was able to get out. But I was too angry to really notice his confusion, massive amounts of adrenaline and rage were pumping through my veins, influencing my thoughts and my actions.

I reached for Adam, pulling him towards me by the neck before flinging him across the room. I never realized how much anger I held towards to him, how much hate I had developed. Whatever control he had over me before was gone. I was no longer his puppet.

I ran out of the room, just wanting to shift and bask in the warm spring sun but there was a sudden call to me, causing me to pause and look up at the ceiling.

Riley, can you hear me? Danny called to me through our mind link. I could finally hear my mate again.