Chapter Twenty Four- Ill

this update schedule is not working for me if you couldn't tell

My eyesight sharpened and I knew my eyes were now an intense red.

Chapter Twenty Four- Ill

{Riley}

"So what happened to you two last night?" Ryder asked we walked through the living room, the other pack members making a passage for their superiors. "You guys left in such a hurry and what about that  demon lady?"

"That was Adam's sister," I replied, my eyes burning from how tired I was. I was up late last night with Danny as we argued back and forth. He refused to take part in any sexual activity with me and as a dominant sex crazed wolf that was experiencing the effects of the full moon, I was not happy. And clearly, he wasn't either, considering he was blaming me for his new power. 

Ryder paused for a second, an unreadable emotion passing within his eyes before he regained his composure and continued to walk towards the kitchen. Once we were there, Ryder's mom made a few plates of food for us before walking out of the kitchen to attend to other needs. 

"What did she say?" he asked as he took his seat next to me. He glanced at me before beginning to devour his food but surprisingly, I wasn't in the mood to eat so I pushed my plate away and downed my drink instead. 

"She was just reminding me of my high status in her demon world."

"She wants you to be leader since that is what you are." I nodded in response. "And you said no, right?"

"Yes, Alpha. I said no because my loyalty lies with this pack and to you." I gave him a wide smile before rolling my eyes and looking out the window. The sun was already shining bright and I had to squint in order to shield my eyes.

"I'm eating your food," was all he said before he grabbed my plate and began eating it as well. Sighing, I got up to put my cup in the sink but stopped the moment my mate's scent invaded the air around me. His smell was intoxicating, mouth watering and had my knees weak just from one whiff. 

My eyesight sharpened and I knew my eyes were now an intense red. 

I held onto the counter as my eyelids slid close, my nose focusing on the scent of my mate and his location. I could feel my wolf within me, whining and ready for his mate but I was trying so hard not to attack Danny and make him mine again. 

But the moment he stepped foot into the kitchen, I had him pinned against the counter, my breath fanning his face. He looked up at me with wide eyes as his breathing increased and I could hear the fast pace of his heart beat. 

He ran his tongue over his lips and my bright red eyes followed his actions. "Get off of me," he whispered harshly. I growled lowly, my wolf wanting to show his dominance but Danny wasn't impressed or bowing down. 

He cowered slightly before growling back and to say that my wolf was angered would be an understatement. We continued to growl at one another as we engaged in a stare down until I was so out raged that I pushed away from him and took my seat at the table. 

I could practically feel everyone's stares, especially Ryder's, but I refused to look up. "Well this is awkward," Ryder whispered to himself before he got up to put the dishes away. I could feel my body temperature rising. I couldn't comprehend how Danny had the guts to refuse to be submissive towards me. Maybe it was the Beta in me or the demon leader but either way, I hated that he wouldn't obey my wishes. But that only made me want him more.