Chapter Twenty Three- The Demon World

so my wifi went out again so here's a late update!

Aren't you tired of being some Alpha's bitch?

Chapter Twenty Three- The Demon World

Riley's POV

After the visit from Adam, Danny remained quiet and detached from the world. Anyone with eyes could tell he was upset, mostly because of Adam's threats and his new demonic ability. Even though he would never admit it, I knew he hated having any connection to the demon world.

It was mostly my fault for mating with him once I had come back. If I had not done that then he wouldn't have developed those abilities so fast.

Once Adam had discovered Danny's power, he ran away, a confused and odd look in his eyes. It was strange that he wouldn't stay behind and finish what he had started. But that only meant that he was coming back and he was going to be stronger than before.

In order to lift our spirits, Noah proposed we go on a double date and I accepted the proposal almost immediately, despite Danny's protest. He would rather stay at home and mope around.

The sun was close to setting once we had gotten out of the house. Noah had made a reservation at the new restaurant Danny wanted to try so badly. Surprisingly, Danny was pleased with where we were going but he still remained quiet the entire car ride there.

"Are we going to talk about what happened?" I asked Danny, my eyes wandering from the road ahead to the distressed boy beside me. He simply turned his head away to look out the window. "Are you going to continue to ignore me all night?"

"Are you going to continue to pester me with questions?" He grumbled as he picked at a loose thread in his jeans. He looked adorable. He wore a pair of jeans that fit him pretty nicely and a loose blue shirt that complemented his skin tone. I wanted to kiss him right then but I knew he would be angry if I did.

"I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong," I explained. He sighed in defeat before turning his body to face me, his legs pulled close to his body. "I should've waited before mating again. I forgot about the massive amount of demonic essence that was inside of me."

"There was no waiting, Riley. I wanted you just as much as you wanted me," he stated smoothly, causing me to glance down at him and notice the intense color of his eyes. "I'm actually happy I have this power. I can protect myself now. I'm not as weak as I was before."

"You weren't weak."

"I was an Omega. I was the definition of weak." I turned to look at him again, my heart pounding in my chest for some odd reason. Just from the look in his eyes, my wolf went crazy and I had to look away. "I was mad at first but not at you, Riley. I just hate being tied to Adam, even in the smallest ways." His fingers touched his red eye.

"I'm sorry." I shifted uncomfortably in my seat before something caught my eye, something shiny. I leaned forward in my seat and looked at the almost full moon. Sighing, I relaxed back in my seat, understanding why my wolf was so excited.

"You know how you can make it up to me?" Danny asked as he trailed his fingers up my leg. I gulped loudly as I sat up straight, my grip on the steering wheel tightening.

"Danny, I'm driving." But he only ignored my comment as he continued to run his hand up my thigh, causing me to squirm under his touch. We were only a few minutes from the restaurant and I tried to push to go faster.

During the full moon, Danny seemed to get hornier than me and he always chose the worst time to get me excited. This was one of those times. I couldn't multitask, especially when one of those task was to drive and keep us safe.