Chapter Twenty Five- How to Kill a Demon

so there is alot of references in this chapter that you might remember from My Beta, chapter 24. I tried to add some clues to help you guys remember. anyways, enjoy this filler chapter

"We need to kill a demon," Sam stated

Chapter Twenty Five- How to Kill a Demon

Riley's POV

I walked calmly to Ryder's office, knowing exactly who was waiting inside and knowing exactly what would happen once I stepped inside.

I secretly wished that Danny was by my side, squeezing my hand in comfort but he was too ill to stand up for too long. But just the thought of Danny made me walk faster so I could finally end our problems.

Once I opened the door, Sam's natural scent overwhelmed my senses. "Hello, Riley," Sam greeted. I gave him a closed mouth smile and took a seat by the window. It was early in the morning but there were already wolves playing outside in the yard.

"So you want to kill your demon boyfriend?" Sam asked with a witty smile and I snarled at his use of 'boyfriend'.

"Just tell me what to do and I'll do it," I demanded, my attention now on him instead of the wolves outside.

"Do you remember Nate?" I nodded my head at the mention of the blonde headed wolf. He was the one that drowned me in a mixture of hot water and herbs until I was half dead in order to find my lost mate. I could remember the distinct smell of oil and gasoline. "Well he can make a variety of potions and mixtures but hes known for his ability to solve demonic issues."

"He can kill them."

"Exactly. This specific mixture can eat the demon's soul and destroy all influence of his essence."

"All influence? So I will lose my abilities?"

"Probably all of them but if you're lucky, you might keep one but I doubt it. You're a Beta, Riley. You can't be more powerful than your Alpha."

I looked down at my hands, disgusted by how sweaty they were. I was going to lose my abilities and I would no longer be the demon wolf if I went through with killing Adam. My wolf whined at the fact that we were going to be less powerful. I loved having that much power and so did my dominate wolf but I guess it had to come to an end eventually.

"And Danny will lose his powers as well?"

"Of course and hopefully, that red eye of his will return back to normal." A small smile returned to my face. Danny would finally get what he wanted and he would no longer be tied to Adam. He would be free from any demon influence. "Now, we will need to think of a way to transfer the poison to your demon king. A weapon would be ideal but you will have to get close enough to him to plunge it into his heart."

"I can do it. I want to kill him tonight, Elder. This must end." Sam nodded in understanding and pulled his phone out of his pocket, probably to text Nate that we needed him.

"Let's go see Nate then," and with that we left to visit Nate in his dirty car repair shop.

/ / / /

We entered the old garage and I was reminded of those dreadful memories of being drowned and clawing for my air. My throat constricted from the memory and I had to shake my head in order to forget the thoughts.

There was an old car still sitting in the middle of the room and the air was saturated with the smell of gasoline and old pipes. I scrunched up my nose at the harsh smell. Nate came out of a room, his blonde curls falling around his face and almost touching his shoulders, a big difference from when I first saw him.

He smiled when he saw us and something glistened in his eyes, the same with Sam. But I decided to ignore it, no matter how uncomfortable it made me. To be completely honest, I couldn't remember what had happened to Sam's mate except that she died a few years back. It made me wonder if Sam and Nate had a thing now. I wouldn't be surprised.

"Riley, long time no see," Nate greeted as he firmly shook my hand, even though his gaze was locked on Sam's face. He moved in front of the elder and shook his hand as well, lingering longer than normal. "It's been awhile Sam. I've missed you."

"Like wise, Nate. It's always a pleasure to see you," Sam replied, a small smirk on his face and Nate's face lit up behind his long curls. I coughed awkwardly and they seemed to come back to reality and part from each other.

"So what did you need? I can fix cars, trucks or even make a simple potion." He smiled as if he was trying to make a joke but the look on Sam's face caused his smile to vanish. "Oh, this is serious. Follow me into my 'office'."

And we did just that and followed him into a different room.

We entered another familiar room, the intoxicating scent of Artemisia (a drug that acts as a powerful herb to wolves and can act as a variation for weed to these creatures) flooding my senses. In the middle of the room sat a huge black pot, instead of a bath tub like before but the room was still creepy either way.

"So what do you need? Herbs for another wolf summoning, a cure for a sickness?" Nate asked as he moved towards his tables stacked with bottles of various items, a dirty rag in his hands.

"We need to kill a demon," Sam stated and Nate was taken back for a moment. "A very high ranked one in fact."

"A demon? That's a huge job, Sam. That could take about five to six hours and I don't know if I even have all the necessary ingredients." Nate began to freak out as he searched through the vials in a cabinet above him. "I'll have to contact my brother, Isaac. He has a lot of hard to find items. Describe this demon to me. We should be good as long as he's not their king."

We went silent after that, not bothering to say that the demon was in fact a king and his powerful sister. Once Nate noticed our silence, he glanced over his shoulder and rolled his eyes. "Of course, it's the king you wish to kill."

"It's actually a demon king and his sister," I stated but regretted it after he groaned really loudly in annoyance.

"Why must you make my life difficult?" He asked as he aligned several bottles onto the table and heated his huge pot. "Two powerful demons and you want to end their existence. Have you figured out how you will get this poison to them? Also, have you thought of the consequences?

You kill a king and his loved one, his followers or maybe even his family will come after you. Think about that. I've had to cure many people in my day because they had attempted to kill a high ranking demon. It was not pretty."

"Look, this demon has to be stopped. He's hurting me and my mate and I have to get rid of him. Just make the damn poison and I'll deal with the rest," I replied and Nate stared back at me with a thoughtful expression before he nodded his head and returned to mixing different liquids into a small bowl.

"I'll have it for you in about five hours and a poisoned dagger will be used to kill the demon. I'll bring it to you at the pack house. Now leave me so I can work," Nate said before ignoring us completely and focusing solely on his potions. Sam and I exchanged glances before leaving the smelly garage.