Chapter Eleven- Meet Up

THANK U ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE STUCK AROUND SINCE MY ALPHA i love you so much omg you make my world you dont even understand

On instinct, the pack howled back, telling our old pal our status.

Chapter Eleven- Meet Up

Noah's POV

We ran in silence back to the mansion, my mind disconnected from Ryder's. I didn't want to know why he was at his ex-girlfriend's house. I didn't want to know why he didn't at least warn me about where he was. And I didn't want to know why I had to track him by smell in order to find him. It was ridiculous how worried I was and there he was, probably getting cozy with that Anna chick.

We were almost halfway home when a familiar howl echoed in the distance, causing a few birds to scatter from the trees. On instinct, the pack howled back, telling our old pal our status.

I was suddenly excited at the sound of Riley's howl. I could finally see my best friend again.

"Hurry, get Danny," I commanded one of my fellow wolves through our mind link. Danny needed to see Riley. Mates couldn't stay this long away from it each other. One of them is bound to die if this continues and I had a pretty good idea as to who would be the one to go first.

I led the pack as I charged towards the direction of the howl. There was a faint scent that was related to Riley but it seemed to be covered by a different smell, a rotten smell.

I skid to a stop, a few feet away from where Riley stood, Adam standing proudly right next to him. Growling, I lowered myself to the floor, ready to pounce at any minute. But the smell reeking from both of them kept me at this distance. I never knew demons smelt this bad.

It pained me to think that Riley smelled this way because of his bond with Adam. I suddenly regretted asking for Danny to come. He would be crushed if he saw what I was seeing and if he smelled what I was smelling. It could possibly be the end of him.

Danny's smell intruded my nose and by the way Riley's fur moved, I knew he smelled Danny, as well. Danny's small wolf emerged from the white trees, the same whiteness dotting his fur. A sudden howl ripped itself from Danny's throat. It sounded as if this was his first howling in a long time. The sound held such a deep emotion, it caused my knees to buckle and my head to lower itself. Danny was howling in frustration and mourning. He smelled what I smelled, the rotten smell of someone stealing what is his.

Riley's POV

It seemed unreal at first. My mate was standing right before my eyes, his fur dirty and matted. I could feel his grief from where I stood. I knew he felt the bond between Adam and I and I hated for him to see me like this. I hated the way he looked at me with such disappointment and sorrow.

I watched as he stumbled and landed in the snow. Not wasting another second, I shifted back into my naked human form before running towards my mate and taking him in my arms.

The moment our skin touched, a huge weight was removed from my chest and the weakness in my body seemed to fade. I took the frail boy into my arms, admiring the way he held onto me as if I was an anchor and he was sinking.

"I missed you so much, Danny," I whispered into his hair as I placed an abundance of kisses all over his head. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I held him tighter, scared to let go because I knew this moment wasn't going to last long.

"I know, I miss you so much," he whimpered before he placed his hand on the back of my head and pulled me down to his face. I kissed him hard, my lips greedy and wanting more of him. He moved to cradle my lap as we devoured each other. My inner wolf howled in pleasure, finally glad that I was with my one and true mate.

It didn't occur to me how much I had missed Danny, how much I had missed his touch, his smell, his taste. It seemed like forever since the last time I had held him in my arms. Which is why I had to make this moment last because I knew that Adam could only stand so much.

Danny moaned into our kiss, his fingers tangling themselves in my hair. He tugged gently, wanting more access to my mouth. "I miss you so much," he whispered when we broke apart, his cheeks stained with dried tears. I caught the rest of his tears with the pads of my thumbs, hoping that would put an end to the sadness.

"I love you, okay? I love you, Danny." I reconnected our lips, satisfied with the amount of relief that came from our connect. I felt as if I was complete again, the other half of my heart finally returned to me.

"Are we going to discuss what needs to be discussed or are we just going to watch those two love birds?" Adam asked from behind me. Even though he was standing a great distance away, his voice still sounded clear, loud, and dominant. I rose to my feet, Danny attached to me like a wad of gum that would get stuck to the bottom of a shoe.

Back in his human form, Ryder said, "Yes, the battle between you and Danny." He glanced over at me, his eyes filled with worry and regret. But I could sense some sort of uneasiness radiating off of him. It wasn't until I saw the harsh glare of Noah did I realize that they were probably having some trouble in paradise.

"It will be held at any place you choose. I don't particularly care. But it will take place in 6 days so be prepared," Adam paused as he locked eyes with Danny, "Because I will not hold back."

I tightened my grip on my mate, a reflex from the amount of fear that flowed through him and then into me. I tried to hide the fact that I was scared of the thought of Adam harming Danny but I had to remind myself that I did have a plan, I had a way to see that Danny will win.

"Come, Riley. It's time to go," Adam's voice rang through my head, unraveling my nerves and reminding me that I had to leave Danny, once again.