Chapter 25

We where sent to the dining hall, dinner and everything was already set. Just the smell of the food makes me sick, but I have to hold it in.

Unlike Chris mum, his dad welcomed me with two opened arms and a warm hug. My spirit was lifted with that gesture.

The door bell rang and we all turned our attention to the door. I exchanged a look with Chris asking him who could it be he only shrug.

"Welcome, welcome sweet heart how are you feeling? And my favorite how is he" Caro asked Emily as she gashed over her like a piece of jewelry.

I wasn't surprised seeing Emily here, but I was hurt with the hostile welcome Caro gave me compared to the warm welcome she gave my twin.

Chris took my hands in his to comfort me, I gave him a weak smile and muttered I'm ok to him. We started eating dinner I was trying hard not to throw up.

"Why ain't you eating Emery love?" Chris dad asked me, I smiled at him and told him I was eating.

"Like she can cook better than this" Caro snorted like a pig and Emily squeal like a baby pig.

I excused my self and entered the wash room with the directions Chris gave me. I threw up all what I ate and cleaned my mouth with paste.

When I returned they've retired to the living room watching television. I walked straight to the back of the kitchen which lead me to the garden.

I sat there enjoying the fragrance of the flowers, my eyes where closed my hand was tightly wrapped around my flat tummy.

And I went down to my memory lane, what could have turned Emily into what she is today. I miss the old Emily before her wedding and talking of mum and dad, they are still avoiding me like the plague.

"It getting late love" Chris whispered beside me, I instinctively opened my eyes only to catch him looking at me.

I nodded my head and stood up, Chris did the same but he hugged me from behind and buried his face in my hair.

He apologized on behalf of his mum which I brushed it off. I seriously think Caro is been childish.

Chris and went inside to seat with the family. Emily was trying to catch my attention but I wasn't giving her that chance.

"Wow, Emily hun you look so beautiful and dazzling in that, although you are pregnant you managed to look breath taking in that dress unlike someone I know who dressed as a common helper what should you expect from someone like her" Caro glared at me, Emily giggled.

Chris was fuming he was about to reply his mum when I shook my head telling him it nothing.

"Emery looks decent unlike Emily who is wearing nothing to cover her body, she is pregnant for god sake she should look decent not like some hooker" Chris dad said angrily leaving the room.

Emily was fuming so was Caro. I hid my smile, and glanced at Emily who looks like she is going to have me for desert.

Chris and I excused ourselves as  we made our way towards home with a content smiles on our faces.

I will tell Chris about our baby immediately we get home with that I took his hands and kissed him as I rested my head on the car window.

Sorry for the late update I'm not really well have been admitted at the hospital your well wishes and prayers is much appreciated

What do you think of the chapter

Don't forget to vote and leave your comments