Chapter 14

"Hey! Shhh... don't cry, everything is going to be alright. Look at me I promise you we will get over this together didn't I." Chris held my face in his palms as he wiped away the tears.

The more he cleaned it the more they flow more. I heard a commotion outside so I stood up and opened the curtains to look at what was going on at the front gate.

There where a lot of reporters and paparazzi shouting and disturbing the neighbourhood.

I came back and sat on the bed, I didn't say anything to Chris, the phone by the bed side was ringing.

It my ringing tone but I don't feel like talking to anyone. Chris decided to give me the phone.

"Here it your mother" he handed me the phone as his own phone began to ring. He excused himself and answered the call.

"No, she is a crying mess, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it. No! No!! I planned on telling you guys as soon as we returned" Chris said looking at me.

I smiled timidly at him as I ended the call with my parents.

"You mean right now, the paparazzi are outside, cool the back door ok will let her know." Chris ended the call as he sat beside me.

"My parents are coming over, you should get dress or something." He said taking my hands in his. I also told him about my parents been on their way here.

"So sorry didn't ask you, how was the deal. Where you able to get it" I asked him as I got ready to meet my in laws.

"No I wasn't it has been put on hold for some reasons unknown to me." Chris said losing the tie around his neck.

I wore shorts shorts with a tank top and Chris wore something similar since it already late.

My parents arrived first before that of Chris so I asked them to use the back door which is unknown to many people people.

Immediately I saw my parents the tears I have been holding began to pour.

"Mummy what did I do to Emily to deserve this treatment from her" I asked my mum as I hugged her and Chris greeted my dad.

"Shhh, it okay, you know the kind of person Emily is. I don't really believe she will go this far to get at you. Your dad and I strongly believe she is under the influence of someone." My mum said rubbing my back.

My sons turned into hiccups as we all sat in the living room. Chris was immediately by my side, trying to comfort me.

I curled into a ball on his lab and buried my face in his neck. He wrapped his strong arms around me protectively.

He whispered sweet nothings to me as my dad and mum brought the issue at hand on board.

"Chris tell me truthfully what happened between you and my other daughter Emily." Dad asked Chris as he relaxed both his hands on his knee.

Chris opened his mouth and closed it nothing coming out.

"My son did nothing it that bitch of a daughter who caused everything."

At the sound of the voice I stood but I fell back on the couch because of the dirty slapped i received.

Who could have slapped Emery is it Chris mum or dad. And what could possibly be the reason for the slap.