𝟗. 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐃

"Lette! How's my girl doing?" Ryan called as I stepped into the office.

"Tired and sore." I set down a coffee for Ryan and leaned against his desk as I took an Advil out of my pocket and washed it down with Coffee,

"You're gonna becomes immune to those if you keep taking them," Ryan commented, turning back to his computer.

"I'll probably feel fine by tomorrow." I shrugged, "so, time for the Post Mortem?"

"Yeah, Shane had something planned so I might hold off," Ryan said.

"Shane's not gonna be here for a few days, we won't have time to film and edit it." I crossed my arms, the coffee cup resting in my lower hand,

"I think we can hold off until tomorrow—"

"Ryan, it has to be uploaded tomorrow!"

"It'll be fine, don't worry about it."

"I'm worrying!" I huffed taking a sip of my coffee as I collected my thoughts for a second, "last time you said that it would be fine, the Post Mortem went out three days late. It's not fucking fine, we're gonna record it."

"God, you're so much like Shane," Ryan mumbled. My heart kind of broke, I felt bad for Shane. I sighed and walked to my desk and sat down, sipping my coffee.

"At least I'm not a fucking demon," I grumbled a bit too loud into my coffee.

"Sometimes you act like one." Ryan commented, "and are you referring to Shane as a demon? What are you, Tumblr?"

"No, I'm being realistic," I whispered, my brain was so overwhelmed I needed to just spill and explain. Why hadn't I bothered Sara with this last night? Why was I breaking down now?

"Shane is a demon, he's— yes. Don't give me that fucking look, I wasn't supposed to tell you but I can't hold it in much longer because I got possessed twice by a demon that was awoken because of him. He left because he tried to exorcise me, then took me to Father Thomas to get exorcised again. Now he's taking Lillian's soul or demon form or whatever and is sending it away. I assume he's back in Florida at the theatre. I don't know much but that's what I know Ryan! It's hard to hold everything in and act like I don't know, cover for him, and lie to your face. I'm a horrible liar and an even worse friend." I snapped, tears pooling in my eyes before I wiped them away.

"Is this some elaborate prank by you and Shane?" Ryan asked, laughing softly. He was nervous.

"Do you seriously think I'd joke about something serious like this Ryan!" I groaned, my hand absentmindedly curling tight around my thick paper cup.

"There's no way Shane is a demon." Ryan mumbled, "how would he even be one?"

"Well, when-"

"No shut it." Ryan snapped, rubbing the corners of his eyes with his one hand bridged across his nose, "I'm not believing this dumbass story."

"It's not a fucking story!" I shouted, trying hard not to break my cup as the anger seethed through me.

"Okay, sure." Ryan shoved his headphones on, clicking on a video. I stared at him, anger and regret bubbling in my chest. He didn't believe me, I broke my promise with Shane, I wasn't even sure where Shane was or if he was alive, Ryan probably thinks I'm insane. Jesus Christ. I grabbed my headphones and slid into work mode, clicking on videos people needed me to edit and dipping completely into my work. The stress from Ryan melting away and being replaced with the stress of work. I got through twice as much as I usually would, probably because I also skipped lunch. I didn't talk to a single person who passed by my desk, or when people tried to ask me questions.