𝟕. 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐘

Nothing significant had happened that night, the episode was still good though because we had all talked to the ghoul and Shane creeped Ryan out as usual. I quietly began to edit the video in the car as we drove back to the studio, it wasn't a far drive but I didn't mind giving myself something to do. It allowed me to cut out the parts of me talking to the ghoul that was questionable. And I edited Shane's bit too. When we got back to the office, I had to walk home in the dark, but like usual Shane and Ryan accompanied me since Ryan's building was two before mine and Shane's was about four after. Ryan and I split the cameras to edit, I took the Go-pros and he took the main Camera. After splitting them up, I shoved the Go-pros in my bag next to the three bottles. I saw Shane's eyes dilate while watching me, no doubt he saw the 'anti-holy water.' Clicking the clips on my bag closed, I nodded to the two and we headed off. Waving goodbye to the others who waited for rides or went to get their cars.

Walking down the road I felt really sad, no idea as to why I just kinda walked a bit slower than usual. Ryan and Shane kept my pace up more than it would've been when I was alone, but once we got to my apartment I got really excited and happy. Homesick maybe? Who knows. Ryan turned off to his apartment as we waved goodbye and continued walking when Shane and I got to mine he gently grabbed my wrist.

"I keep feeling a presence. Just let me know if you start to feel weird." Shane seemed really creeped out so I simply nodded.

"Yeah, yeah okay. I'll tell you." I nodded to him before he waved goodbye and we went our separate ways.

"Coming home so late?" I heard a voice and jumped, my neighbor Connor leaned against the door.

"Connor, you scared the shit out of me." I blushed, "and yeah, I just got off of work like...
thirty or forty minutes ago?"

"How's Unsolved going? I have to head to Buzzfeed now to get some slides in for the Snapchat story." Connor worked with the Snapchat department of BuzzFeed. He put together a majority of their ads too.

"Pretty good, we went to a haunted picnic table." I laughed softly, twirling my keys in my hand.

"Maybe you can tell me about it over lunch tomorrow? My treat," Connor tucked his hands in his Jean pockets and I felt my blood rush.

"Like a date?" I asked, the lanyard of keys twirling a bit faster.

"Sure, if the break room counts." Connor smiled, "sleep on it, I'll see you at work,"

He left down the main stairwell and I watched him go before snapping out of it and rushing to my apartment. I shut the door and locked it behind me as I threw my bag on the floor and leaned against the door. I slid down and giggled softly. I was such a teenager.

"Alright, Alright. Colette, let's get some sleep before your 10 am call— oh my god it's five already!" I rushed down the hall to my bedroom. I'd worry about the rest of this in the morning.

✧˖*°࿐

I hated my alarm clock, but I was up. I grabbed a dark red sundress with a fade to light red at the top, red knee-high socks, and my black Doc Martens. I threw my hair up in a half up half down bun and put on light eyeliner and some red lipstick. I didn't need foundation or concealer for work, I'd do a full face tomorrow when we filmed this week's Post Mortem.

The walk to Buzzfeed went by in a blink, I must've scraped up my knees because of the blood soaking into my socks. Luckily, the socks were dark enough you couldn't see it. I stepped into the office with- oh I had gotten coffee? When? Shane perked up and I saw his eyes go black as he made eye contact with me. What was up with him? Why was everything so confusing all the sudden?