𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Começar do início

"Dean, hey," Layla smiled.

"Hey."

"How're you feeling," she asked.

"He's all fixed now," Sybil smiled, interrupting their conversation.

Layla crouched down to reach Sybil's height. "That's good, isn't it!"

Sybil nodded as Layla flashed a kind smile.

"What are you doing here," Dean asked, causing Layla to look up at him.

She stood up straight again before replying, "you know, my mom. She wanted to talk to the Reverend."

"Layla," Sue Ann said, interrupting the conversation.

"Yes. I'm here again."

Sue Ann walked down the steps to meet her halfway. "Oh, I'm sorry, but Roy is resting. He won't be seeing anyone else right now."

"Sue Ann, please," Layla's mom begged. "This is our sixth time. He's got to see us."

"Roy's well aware of Layla's situation, and he very much wants to help just as soon as the Lord allows. Have faith, Mrs. Rourke."

As Sue Ann walked away, Layla's mom looked at Dean with contempt in her eyes. "Why are you still even here? You got what you wanted."

"Mom. Stop."

Layla's mom broke her gaze from Dean to face her daughter. "No, Layla. This is too much. We've been to every single service. If Roy stopped choosing these strangers over you, strangers who don't even believe... I just can't any pray harder."

Sybil felt uncomfortable at the confrontation, shifting her weight slightly as she tightened her grip on Dean's hand. Dean looked at Layla and asked what was wrong with her.

Layla, with tears brimming her eyes, looked at him, masking her disappointment with a smile. "I have this thing."

"It's a brain tumor. It's inoperable. In six months, the doctors say..."

Layla put her hand on her mom's shoulder as a way to comfort her.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Layla reassured.

"No. It isn't," Layla's mom said as she looked away from her daughter and at Dean. "Why do you deserve to live more than my daughter?"

As Mrs. Rourke walked past Dean, Sybil released Dean's hand. "Deanie does not deserve to die!"

"Sybil," Dean scolded slightly.

Layla's mom turned around, shocked as if she was now aware of the little girl's appearance. "That's not what I—"

"My mom didn't want me. My dad didn't want me. I was left alone until Deanie and Sammy came," Sybil screamed, tears falling down her cheeks. "I can't lose any of them too. I'm sorry Mr. Roy can't fix Layla. She doesn't deserve to die either, but it's not Deanie's fault!"

Layla's mom stood there shocked as she ran into the impala. Dean and Layla looked at each other apologetically before separating ways.

                     DEAN AND SAM PUT SYBIL INTO the bed, attempting to not wake her slumber. Ever since Dean's incident, she's refused to sleep despite the fact she needed it. Sam sighed, apologizing and admitting that Dean was right all along about the situation, but Dean didn't seem to be focused on the conversation topic whatsoever.

"What's wrong, Dean," Sam asked, concern evident in his tone.

Dean sighed as he shook his head slightly. "Sybil had another tantrum. She said that Dad and her mom didn't want her and that we're all she has."