chapter nine:

Song for this chapter: Kailee Morgue/Hayley Kiyoko- Headcase

"Close your eyes," Nate spoke firmly, placing his rough hands over my eyes.

"This is definitely now one of those cliche movies," I joked, "It's a shame they always leave out those fun sexual scenes."

"That's called porn. Now just be quiet and follow me."

"Fine," I pouted, moving my feet awkwardly with him.

We walked for a few long minutes in silence, stumbling towards our destination. It would have been a lot easier if he had just let me walk myself instead of walking behind me leading me to some secret place. Which I was still convinced would be the place Nate was going to murder me, or worse confess his under dying love. Just kidding, but It was kind of sweet that he was going through this much trouble even after the way I had been treating him.

"Keep your eyes close," Nate commanded. Moving his hands from my eyes.

I fought back my urges to sneak a peek. Eager to know where the hell was so important for all of this. His arms snaked around my waist and his chin rested on my shoulder. Nate was better than any drug I had ever tasted. Basically, I thought of myself as a barren wasteland. Nothing blossomed inside me. But ever since the first night I had met him, and since that stupid fucking kiss. It felt like life and growth exploded within me. When he touched me they cut off my oxygen, forcing me to steal his. But when I was away from him, it was the lowest fucking come down I've ever felt. Everything wilted, making my moods completely unstable. All these foreign emotions were like a ticking time bomb, ready to blow the whole cathedral to pieces. And in all honesty. It scared the fucking shit out of me.

"You can look now," Nate's whispered softly.

My eye fluttered open. Adjusting to all the different colors, and the bright ass sun that reflected from the crystal clear water in front of us. It was a small little wood dock that was half emerged into the lake that was hardly recognizable from this side of it. Looking across the large lake there were hardly any trees and it looked bland and boring to the spot that we were standing at which was covered by trees, and tons of large rocks lining the shore. I mean it was a pretty sweet, and cute idea. But if I was being honest it wasn't for me. I hate water.

"Do you want to go for a swim?" Nate questioned sweetly.

"I thought you aren't supposed to go swimming after snacking," I teased, hinting back to our sexual transgressions.

"You're a brat. I promise the water is nice here," Nate replied.

"I'm not much for swimming," I admitted, staring at the water, swallowing the lump in my throat.

Yes. Yes. The badass scary Lily Cooper is terrified of water, especially in large masses. Big shocker.

"Come on, it will fun," Nate spoke in a cheerful tone, squeezing his arms around me tighter.

"I don't want too," I spoke firmly.

"Okay. Sorry," Nate spoke in an annoyed tone. "I was just trying to do something nice for you."

"Yeah, whatever. I want to go back home."

Dammit. Could I have been any more of a fucking bitch? The guy was just trying to do something sweet and my dumb-ass gets defensive and takes it out on him. Nate stepped away from me, and I turned back to look at him. He was crushed.

"God. Why can't I ever fucking win with you? You are so fucking confusing," Nate muttered in annoyance. Sighing heavily as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Oh, but I thought I was refreshing," I mocked, lowering my eyes at him.

"Are you fucking bipolar or something?" Nate questioned, rolling his eyes.

"Are you kidding me," I hissed.

"Twenty minutes ago you were sucking my cock, and now you're back to be fucking crazy. If you don't want anything to fucking do with me. Just say it."

"It's not that," I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I don't want to fight Lily. I just wanted to show you a place that meant something to me. I've never shown anyone this place. I built that dock in the trees a couple of years back." Nate babbled on nervously.

Wow. I really, really was a bitch. This seriously meant something to him. He looked so vulnerable, and here I was under the impression he was just pulling some lame move he did for all the girls he wanted to fuck.

"I'm scared of water," I blurted out.

"Bullshit," Nate chuckled.

"Don't laugh. I'm being serious."

"And here I was under the impression you were some badass sociopath who wasn't afraid of anything."

I mean that's what some stupid doctor decided to label me as when I was just eight years old. Like how the hell would you even be able to diagnose something permanently like that on a child? Especially without extensive testing. Sure. I don't exactly feel shit the way other people do, and maybe I'm a little obsessive and I make a lot stupid and rash choices. And sometimes my words aren't my own. But I am not a fucking psychopath. And Nate proved that. I've done research and I wasn't like those people.

"Everyone has their shit. And no one knows that about me so I guess we both confessed something today," I admitted. Embarrassed my fear was so incredibly stupid.

"Shit. Really?" Nate half-smiled.

I rolled my eyes at him, "I wouldn't lie about that shit."

"That means you trust me," Nate teased, holding his arms out like a child. "Come here."

I ran my fingers through my hair pushing a couple of stray strands of hair out of my face. I exhaled out of my nose loudly in annoyance stepping forward, allowing Nate to wrap his arms around my waist. We both leaned into each other, i rested my head against Nate chest. I mean at least he can deal with my attitude well. I will give him that, but the question is how long can he put up with it. 

_____________________________________________

Next chapter might take a bit. I am going back and editing all the previous chapters cause yikes right on a cellphone is literally hell. I also need to catch up on Euphoria lol. What do we think so far? Should I continue to add songs that remind me of Lily and Nate at the top of each chapter?