Chapter five:

"I would never hurt you."
Nate's words played on in my head on repeat like a broken record, his fragile voice and rough hands contradicted each other. The perfect oxymoron. His words were soft and pure angelic, promises that made my heart flutter with affection for him. But his hands were rough and hard, leaving god awful marks across my porcelain skin. His fingertips were woven within my skin dancing  around with the shades of purple and green.

It's been a week though since I had seen Nate, the last I had seen him was the night he held me for far too long after brutally fucking me with only his fingers and I admit I was starting beginning to feel myself slipping away without his touch or the sound of his voice. But it was the first day back of school, and I more then guaranteed to see him. I pulled myself out of the bed that had become my fortress of solitude for the past week and started to do my usual morning routine. Shower, get dressed, comb my hair, and a breakfast that always consisted of a large glass of milk and one piece of toast smothered in peanut butter. Everything was a routine with me, and we weren't going to discuss what happened when something/someone put that routine out of order.

The school looked like any other, teenagers walked amongst eachother, flooding in from every direction in the hallway. The obnoxious voices flowed from everywhere, the usual greetings as if they hadn't just seen each other all summer or at the party last weekend. I stood by the entrance, looking confused by my new surroundings. I was supposed to head towards the principal office, but with the crowd of people blocking everything, there was no way to tell which way was the way to go.
"Hey," Rue's familiar voice spoke behind me, "Lost?
"Hey," I uttered, turning around to face her, "Just a little. I'm looking for the principal's office."
"Here," Rue said reaching her hand forward, "I'll show you."
"Okay," I replied, placing my hand into hers.
She led me through the crowd of people, taking me down a single  long hallway before stopping at a large glass door that revealed an office, that had blue print labelling it was the principals. My eyes scanned the crowds of people looking for his familiar face but there was nothing.
"So who gave you that wicked hickey?" Rue questioned, pointing at the large purple mark on my neck that was already somewhat contained by concealer. After a week you'd think the bruises would have faded some.
"No one," I replied quickly, pulling my hoodie up further in an attempt to cover the bittersweet marks.
"Fine, don't tell- " The school bell went off, cutting rue off, and the kids in the hallways poured into the classrooms, "See you at lunch Lily."
Rue disappeared with the other students, leaving me standing alone once again.
The day went by slowly. I was ahead of my classes already from my old school, so the course outlines were all too familiar and still dolefully boring. It was now last period, and I was actually excited for this class. I opened the metal doors to the large gymnasium and moved to a group of people who was standing in front of the female coach.
"This is a mixed sex class. Respect each other. No touching, no gawking, and play nice. Locks are in the basket beside me pink is the females, blue is the males. They'll have a locker number along with it. You all have 15 minutes to get changed for warm-up."

The coach wore a cliche blue tracksuit with a whistle around her neck. Everyone stepped forward, grabbing a lockout of the basket. There was a piece of paper with the combination and locker number sealed in the lock. The gym door slammed shut, catching the attention of everyone in the gymnasium. My eyes moved to the person who was late, Nate.
"Jacobs you're late," The coach scolded.
"Nice to see you too Mrs. Fraser," Nate joked, walking towards the baskets. A gym bag was slung across his back.
Our eyes connected for a second before he looked away back at the wall, ignoring my existence. Nate walked past me picking up a lock from the bin and walked away to the locker room. Asshole.
I stormed into the locker room, annoyed by Nate's actions. 347, I stopped in front of the locker that was now mine. I reached into my gym bag pulling out my sweat shorts, and a black under armour tank top. My eyes gazed around the room looking at the many girls who were already stripped and changing into their gym attire.  I pulled my hoodie over my head, revealing my braless chest and pulled my denim jeans down my long legs, leaving me in a pink thong that fit snugly. I pulled the shorts up past my thighs, letting them rest on my hips effortlessly.  And slipped the tank-top on that already had a built in a sports bra. Putting my clothes and gym bag in the locker, I locked it slipped on my black sneakers.
"Did you see how cute Jacobs looked today, I can't believe he's in our class," one of the unfamiliar girls spoke, clearly swooning over Nate.
"Didn't him and Maddy break up?" Another girl spoke up.
"I think so, but I heard he's trying to win her back," another girl joined, "But either way, I'd love a taste of him."
Jealousy and anger rose in my chest. This all just better be some typical high-school gossip. I fought back the urge to lash out on the girls and stepped out of the locker room. A few minutes later, and coach had us outside on the track running laps. I jogged at a decent pace letting my thoughts consume me.
"Hey," A random guy said, running beside me.
"Piss off," I hissed, keeping focus still on the track.
"Feisty. I like that. You new here?"
"If you don't leave me alone. I will literally punch you in the dick," I growled. Glancing at the blond-haired boy who was jogging beside me.
He was cute. Really cute. But I wasn't in the mood.
"I wouldn't take her threats lightly," A familiar voice spoke up behind us.
"Is it just national asshole day? I said leave me alone," I spat out angrily.
"You're full of attitude today," Nate chuckled.
"I'm just not in the mood today," I spoke with in a disembodied tone.
I picked up the pace of my jog into an almost sprint, attempting to remove myself from the two boys. But only one left me alone.
"What's wrong?" He asked in a breathy tone, "Those are some cute marks. Looks like someone's been having fun."
"Fuck off."
"I'm going to have to do something about that attitude," Nate chuckled, "A good spanking might do the trick."