Damn this woman.....she even shut off the phone!

Kang Zixian changed to another number and called Fei Ge on her phone. The handset was quiet for a few seconds, then the gentle voice of a girl said: The number that you are calling is temporarily unavailable, please call again later.

Very Good! Kang Zixian went back to his car with a dark expression. In his heart, he was thinking how he should punish someone tonight for playing the missing woman!

The car had not traveled far when the weather gradually darkened with black clouds swirling in the gloomy sky and a few claps of deafening thunder. A few minutes later, the rain came crashing down.

At first, it was just light rain beads with a few flashes of lightning, then the rain poured without any warning, beat down on the windshield which sometimes blurred the windshield.

Kang Zixian drove the car a few times around the mall that they usually frequent but could not even see her pitiful shadow.

The rain became more and more fierce, the roads were flooded with water and the pedestrians were becoming less. It was either he takes shelter in the mall or quickly drives home.

Not knowing when the rain would stop, Kang Zixian anxiously called again and again but still could not get hold of Liang Liang. He began to feel a tinge of panic.

The rain was so heavy, visibility almost down to zero, every car had their emergency lights blinking and everything was covered in a dreamy mist of water which made it even more difficult to look for Liang Liang.

If the rain continued like this non-stop, he believed that Fang Liang Liang, that crazy woman would brave the rain and make a mad dash for home.

He prayed Fang Liang Liang would be safe and was already back home, whilst he made a U-turn to drive home.

He drove very slowly in the heavy rain and finally drove into the residential district. Immediately, Kang Zixian threw open the car door and rushed upstairs.

When he opened the door, the room was in darkness.

His heart suddenly sank.

Just as he was about to go out again, the phone in his pocket rang. It was an unfamiliar number, Kang Zixian quickly picked up the call.

The other side sounded a bit noisy but no one spoke, he could vaguely only hear shallow breathing.

Kang Zixian softly probed. "Liang Liang?"

It seems the other end heaved a sudden sigh of relief, in an aggrieved tone, said. "Husband......"

Kang Zixian who was holding his phone stood frozen at the entrance. Even after their marriage, Liang Liang did not change her straightforward personality and had always called him 'Surnamed Kang' or she would directly call him by his full name 'Kang Zixian'.

After such a long time, he had never heard her call him 'husband' and in such a spoilt child voice tone.

His heart tightened and quickly asked. "Liang Liang, where are you?'

"I am at the hospital. The rain outside is very heavy. Can you come and get me?"

Kang Zixian frowned. "Why are you at the hospital?"

"I can't tell you now. Anyway, come quickly and fetch me first."

He did not say anymore and rushed to the hospital.

On reaching the emergency room door, from afar, he could spot Liang Liang.

Her thin body was shrunk on the chair with clothes on her body that were wet and wrinkled. Her head of pretty short hair was in a mess, wet and sticking to her scalp.